Game Mechanics Pylons Should Make Towns Immune to Corruption.

Took out even more now around 10 blocks back on the right, 6 more on the top and bottom, and the walls, still Crimson~
I'm honestly at a loss I've been trying to save this place for like 3 hrs straight now xD
Also sunflowers only prevent spread from passing by those blocks, adding them did nothing to help NPCs live there

*EDITED* see far below

Scratch the Sunflower idea.

I decided to create a house right in the middle of a World Spawned Crimson Lair in a Crimson Desert. Using Sunflowers, I managed to get the music to change to Underground which indicates that the biome changed. The text went from "Corrupted" to "Invalid". I'm not sure why this is. Not too long ago I had an entire base surrounded by Crimson using this method, with NPCs. That was pre 1.4 of course.

Looks like your going to have to do things the old fashioned way. Sorry about that.

*EDITED*

It does work!!! Took 55 Sunflowers but I got an NPC house right in the middle of that circle area in a naturally spawning Crimson Lair. Sucks to be the Tavernkeeper I just might keep him there for a while just to see how long he lasts...

Last edited:
You can try to add hallow blocks to counterbalance Crimson.
Omg why didn't I try that...hopefully it won't count as my Hallow Pylon now, we'll see how this works >:)

UPDATE: Ok so 200+ Holy Water later and tons of terraforming NPCs are finally starting to move in! Thanks for the help everyone, what was this thread about again? :D

Also yes it counts as a Hallow Pylon it seems so my Hallow NPCs will be spending their days in a Crimson/Hallow hell xD

Last edited:
Ill be blunt and say i just prefer to cure my corrupted worlds by severing off corruption biomes with dynamite, then boxing the full diameter in stone slabs around the ebonstone border so it's self contained early on before WOF, then its a lot less time to clean the rest out later.

But the idea is definitely a good one for the purity forcefield, if its a minibiome of that evil biome we might still get some NPC lines or special wares.

If the Goblin tinkerer sold a special kind of Hostile Enviroment Pylon that only worked in crimson/corruption (and underworld?) i think people would definitely use it to get around in their little protected bubbles rather than force the corruption/crimson to get closer in order for totally normal pylons to activate. (*Turning off naturally and endangering folks who are poorly prepared during bossfights/event waves*)

Pylon towns being lost due to the corruption is certainly a bummer, and it'd be nice if in all modes the area maybe 100-200 blocks around the pylon was protected. In Master Mode (possibly expert too), I wouldn't want the pylon to protect it from natural spread though, because the 2 shot deaths as we frantically tried to firewall off our suface jungle town from the nearby crimson when we transitioned our master world was an absolutely amazing experience. Desperate firewalling of pylon towns is amazing, and I wouldn't wish anyone to miss that experience.

Back
Top Bottom