NPCs & Enemies Queen bee should only enrage when she's out of the jungle or underground jungle.

1: Her enrage wasn't added in 1.4
2: If you used to summon her in the surface jungle and you dont like that she enrages there, why are you suggesting that she should enrage when on the surface?
3: Its fine. Sure I'd prefer if she only enraged outside the jungle and not outside the underground jungle, but its fine. Carve a bit of space out underground or just fight her in the nest.

1: Her enrage wasn't added in 1.4
2: If you used to summon her in the surface jungle and you dont like that she enrages there, why are you suggesting that she should enrage when on the surface?
3: Its fine. Sure I'd prefer if she only enraged outside the jungle and not outside the underground jungle, but its fine. Carve a bit of space out underground or just fight her in the nest.
i mean she shouldnt enrage on the surface jungle

According to the wiki: Desktop 1.4.0.1: Now enrages when out of the Underground Jungle.

Yet I can't see that in the patch notes so I think it may be an error. Though the patch notes do say 1.4.0.1 made Golem enrage outside Underground Jungle.

The idea of these bosses enraging outside their normal areas adds immersion, but at the cost of annoyance. My playgroup made an arena on surface jungle to farm Queen Bee, and we couldn't beat her. We didn't even realise she was enraging (now it makes sense).

Also, the same happens with Plantera. Which is annoying if a Plantera Bulb spawns near granite or marble, since I'm told that will enrage it.

I'm not sure this enrage-outside-of-biome mechanic is worthwhile. What's the benefit besides immersion?

Plantera's enrage mechanic existed all the way since 1.2. I think the idea behind it is to make it so a boss has to be fought within a more constricted arena rather than having all the space in the world to fight the boss like with the Mechanical Bosses. And I don't think that should be abandoned, as having to traverse through the restrictions of the natural Underground Jungle is what makes Plantera's fight so unique and interesting.

It seems like a weird decision to do the same for Queen Bee and Golem, though. Queen Bee because they already let us fight her on the surface Jungle for so long now, and Golem because by the time you're even allowed to move his altar outside of the Temple, you've already killed him anyways. Why should they even allow the Altar to be moved at all if they don't want the player to ever fight Golem outside of its natural arena?

Back
Top Bottom