PC Queen slime bugs, counter-clockwise conveyor block swap bug, return potion click range bug

hamstar

Terrarian
Steam or GOG
Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
  1. Slow descent with a queen slime mount does not reset fall distance. De-equipping mount will cause fall damage/death.
  2. Killing Prismatic Lacewing with queen slime mount stomp is instant death.
  3. Block swapping with clockwise conveyors underneath a 1/4s timer is causing incorrect block to place.
  4. Sometimes, the range to click on a Potion of Return's portal (just the return portal?) exceeds the bounds of the portal itself (max range a player can click a tile?).

Last edited:
1: couldn't reproduce the first point with or without slow descent, 2nd is intended
2: probably intended- didn't test. I assume practically any melee hit would telefrag you essentially as the boss spawns.

3: is there a wire going through the block? if so, wires do change the direction of conveyors if they aren't actuated.
4: this is intended. The return portal is an interactable entity like a villager or a chest and can be 'clicked' with the mouse pointer anywhere on the screen if it's the closest interactable entity you can reach, in the direction of the pointer.

1: couldn't reproduce the first point with or without slow descent, 2nd is intended
2: probably intended- didn't test. I assume practically any melee hit would telefrag you essentially as the boss spawns.

3: is there a wire going through the block? if so, wires do change the direction of conveyors if they aren't actuated.
4: this is intended. The return portal is an interactable entity like a villager or a chest and can be 'clicked' with the mouse pointer anywhere on the screen if it's the closest interactable entity you can reach, in the direction of the pointer.
1. No wings should be used; mount itself does slow fall. If you reach harmful fall velocity, THEN equip the mount, engage slowfall, then de-equip it before landing, you should get the effect.
2. No other boss does this. Melee hits that aren't from directly above do not do this.
3. That's possible. I'm fuzzy on the circumstances, but that might account for it.
4. I don't think this was intended. The behavior is inconsistent from one use of the portal to another, and it's uncommon at best (but not rare). I try to right-click on a nearby chest or NPC, and activate the portal instead. No mouse icon displayed to indicate the portal is clickable.

no mount effects your fall damage if you aren't actively riding it... I don't think any mounts reset fall distance if you equip and dequip them in the same fall, and it's a misconception that fall damage is based on velocity... it's based on the last place you used a jump or contacted a block or liquid. It's a relatively well known bug that if you jump right before using a teleportation potion, if you don't land in water or land exactly on the ground, and where you teleport to is significantly lower in the world than where you started, you'll die from fall damage.

no other boss is spawned by doing damage to a critter... no other boss spawns on top of the summoning item immediately after use... no other boss instagibbs (minus dungeon guardian). Maybe it's trying to hint to you that there's no way you'll ever beat this boss with a melee pure without zenith.

4: Is your smart-cursor on? smart cursor uses an interactable entity priority system to determine what is interacted with when it's not obvious.

Interactable entity(IE From now on) order is a very inconsistent system when the mouse pointer isn't directly over the action box of an IE that's also within reach (smart cursor on). there are factors to do with it that include your current x position (specifically whether it's even or odd) and the same for the mouse pointer. that's before you account for user error- maybe the chest or NPC wasn't within reach and the portal was the only IE within reach (or the closest* one in the direction of the cursor)

* closest in this context is also somewhat inconsistent. the interaction will default to the 'first furthest' IE.

first furthest means the first block the hypotenuse of the right triangle -made by your feet and your mouse- passes through in the action box of the furthest IE within reach(deep breath), even if much more of that line passes through another IE at the same x (which has a block you can reach but the line does not pass through this block), and that's before you include overlapping IE's like the money trough and the portal frame (which, btw, don't have a defined, obvious, x coordinate in blocks tied to their action box- a 2x2 item which can occupy a 3x3 space partially), or walking NPCs and chests (who hasn't had this problem) (all of this is my own 'speculation' based off of testing in 1.3 and 1.4. I'd love to have the time to look at the code for stuff like this but alas. only so many hours in the day and priorities must be made)

Mind you, I'm not saying that system is good or I approve of it or I don't think sometimes it behaves anomalously... Just that it's behaving basically as intended. Can't tell you how often I have accidentally removed items from item frames I use to label chests and levers instead of opening the chest or lever because my mouse was 1 pixel off or the chest/lever was 1 block out of reach.

Last edited:
Wait a moment, falling with Winged Slime mount on Prismatic Lacewing instantly kills the player?
What the ...

Back
Top Bottom