Question about campfires/heart lanterns

leelustig

Terrarian
This is a question that should have a simple yes or no answer.

I've watched quite a few youtube vids of people playing Terraria and I've noticed that a lot of people go crazy with placing campfires and heart lanterns so frequently in one arena, it seems like there is a campfire every step you take. My question is: does this make a difference? Is the regen speed affected by more than 1 campfire in the area? I'm assuming the answer is no and these particular players are just getting carried away with their campfire placements, but you never know.

What do you guys think?

This is a question that should have a simple yes or no answer.

I've watched quite a few youtube vids of people playing Terraria and I've noticed that a lot of people go crazy with placing campfires and heart lanterns so frequently in one arena, it seems like there is a campfire every step you take. My question is: does this make a difference? Is the regen speed affected by more than 1 campfire in the area? I'm assuming the answer is no and these particular players are just getting carried away with their campfire placements, but you never know.

What do you guys think?
No. However, if the campfire/heart lantern is off-screen, it's healing effect doesn't work. If you have a big arena, you may have to scatter the campfires/lanterns if you want the healing everywhere in your arena.

If the YouTube videos you were watching show multiple campfires/lantern on screen at once, then that person is doing it wrong, as the healing effect does not stack with other campfires/heart lanterns.

There's an icon just under your equipment bar showing the range of the effect so you can know how far apart to space them optimally. I typically go about 20 paces farther than the end of the buff before placing the next, so as to maximize the spread with minimal overlap.

Also, the radius of effect is an invisible circle, so this applies vertically as well as horizontally.

There's an icon just under your equipment bar showing the range of the effect so you can know how far apart to space them optimally. I typically go about 20 paces farther than the end of the buff before placing the next, so as to maximize the spread with minimal overlap.

Also, the radius of effect is an invisible circle, so this applies vertically as well as horizontally.
Yes, I do look at those icons when placing them, I was just wondering why people found it necessary to place 1 on every single block of their arena.

I was trying to find out of someone had done this. Setting up some lamps to and wondered how far I could go so I don't doble stack if I can call it that XD

Back
Top Bottom