Question [Question] Day/Night sensor to set off timer?

OddGirl

Dungeon Spirit
I didn't want to make my title too wordy sorry, if it was misleading...

I wanted to know if there was a way to use a day/night to sensor to set off a timer that when the sensor turns off (switching day to night) the timer continues to run? I don't have any indepth knowledge with the logic gates but I'm learning.

It doesn't already? Oh wait, I'm console haha. I don't know this stuff. But still, it doesn't? What are you using it for?

something like this should do the trick
dcOWYZz.png
U0RnErp.png

these kind of circuits can be a bit destructive since reloading the world would turn off the timer and you would have to reset the circuit manually.

Thanks! I'll give it a go :D I don't mind it shutting down when I close the world. When the first day kicks off upon restart I want it to start again.
[doublepost=1482098835,1482097425][/doublepost]
something like this should do the trick
dcOWYZz.png
U0RnErp.png

these kind of circuits can be a bit destructive since reloading the world would turn off the timer and you would have to reset the circuit manually.

would there be a way to tweak it so when you end quit the game and come back when the next day signal is triggered it can start the one and done operation all over again? I super appreciate the help!

GtgKLGS.png
QUjXi8G.png

the switch connected by green wire is the reset. it only works correctly when the timer is turned off so be careful when choosing how it gets reset.
[doublepost=1482101809,1482101664][/doublepost]the ideal situation is that the reset mechanism only gets activated upon loading the world.

An extremely simple way to do this is to have the day or night sensor linked to a 3-second timer, and that linked to a 1 second timer. The 3-second timer turns the 1-second timer on, but can never turn it off, because the 1-second timer turns the 3-second timer on and off repeatedly.

This method does have one considerable drawback however. It makes a loud clicking noise, constantly. That might not sound like much, but trust me it's super annoying. Put this far away from anything and use a long wire if you go this route.

An extremely simple way to do this is to have the day or night sensor linked to a 3-second timer, and that linked to a 1 second timer. The 3-second timer turns the 1-second timer on, but can never turn it off, because the 1-second timer turns the 3-second timer on and off repeatedly.

This method does have one considerable drawback however. It makes a loud clicking noise, constantly. That might not sound like much, but trust me it's super annoying. Put this far away from anything and use a long wire if you go this route.

Simple, build a tower of blocks up to the Sky and have them sit at the top of the world, run the wire, then send it down and remove the tower of blocks. XD

Wouldn't it be better to use a world load detector? https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/world-load-detector.44539/

Though using a day sensor to activate timers would be much more compact

I started with it but I must have done something wrong because it never quite worked for me and I don't understand enough of it to fix the problem of my eff up lol

GtgKLGS.png
QUjXi8G.png

the switch connected by green wire is the reset. it only works correctly when the timer is turned off so be careful when choosing how it gets reset.
[doublepost=1482101809,1482101664][/doublepost]the ideal situation is that the reset mechanism only gets activated upon loading the world.

Thank you!

so simple! I don't have to worry about the sound, since my pc is in the living room I play without the sound on 99% of the time. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom