Resolved Question regarding drunk world biome mimics.

Mark The Devourer

Official Terrarian
I’ve been playing on a master mediumcore drunk world seed and it’s been a lot of fun! After doing some planning for my character I realized that I might have made a mistake without even realizing it! I want the beserkers glove for the specific build I want to make (which is a melee tank build,) and that item is only obtainable through crimson mimics. No biggie, I thought, until I read on the wiki that several things, including the biome mimics that are spawned by the player, are decided by the main world evil which is chosen on world gen.

I did not realize this at all because I simply left off my world gen as random, because why wouldn’t I? I get both evil biomes anyways. After reading the wiki some more I learn that you can tell which biome is the main one by NPC dialogue and other factors, but still things have been inconsistent.

• A saw a corrupt bunny on a blood moon (corruption)
  • The demolitionist talked about blowing up what I think he said was crimstone (crimson)
  • The first time I fought EoC it dropped crimtate (crimson) but then after I beat it several times it cycled between crimtate and demonite (both?)
  • I saw a demon altar outside of the corruption (corruption)
  • There are two corruption biomes. I don’t know if that means anything though. My guess is that it means the corruption is the “main” world evil OR that biome will be converted into the hallow.
So what do you guys think? It occurred to me that I could always find naturally spawning crimson mimics, but that could take quite some time depending on luck and I’m playing on mediumcore so the last thing I want is to get my items stuck in the underground crimson.

Update: also it says the underground jungle doesn’t have a natural opening and that both oceans will have a trench, but my underground jungle does have an entrance and only one of my oceans has a trench/cave to it. Is that normal?

The "main" world evil changes every day cycle in Drunk World.. well, worlds. You can check which evil is the main one off various NPC quotes.

If you want to guarantee you get Crimson Mimics on days where the Corruption is the main evil, you can farm in the Underground Crimson.

So your drunk world generated significantly differently from how the wiki says it should? Are you using the official wiki or the fandom wiki? Fandom is likely to contain false or outdated information.

The "main" world evil changes every day cycle in Drunk World.. well, worlds. You can check which evil is the main one off various NPC quotes.

If you want to guarantee you get Crimson Mimics on days where the Corruption is the main evil, you can farm in the Underground Crimson.
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH that makes a lot of sense. What mappers when I get into hardmode? Which evil biome with spread alongside the hallow?
So your drunk world generated significantly differently from how the wiki says it should? Are you using the official wiki or the fandom wiki? Fandom is likely to contain false or outdated information.
I’m using the official wiki. Maybe my world is special?!

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH that makes a lot of sense. What mappers when I get into hardmode? Which evil biome with spread alongside the hallow?
As per the wiki, under Drunk World > Evil biomes, the biome of the day is the one that is generated upon the defeat of the wall.

The chosen world evil in the world creation menu will be the "main" world evil on the first day. Each dawn, the "main" world evil, used for processing otherwise permanent world-specific evil biome related mechanics, switches. This will impact the following mechanics:
  • What type of brick is generated by the defeated Wall of Flesh.
  • Which evil biome will be generated alongside the Hallow when the world transitions to Hardmode.

As per the wiki, under Drunk World > Evil biomes, the biome of the day is the one that is generated upon the defeat of the wall.
Thank you! Much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom