Working as Designed Quick-Equipping Tails Puts Them in Accessories Rather than Social Slots

ZaCloud

Terrarian
Steam or GOG
Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Both
Operating System
Windows 8/8.1
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Controller (please specify type)
Problem present since an early 1.4, as far as I know, ongoing into 1.4.1.2.
Controls Used: XBox 360 Controller, AND Mouse/Keyboard (the form uses radio buttons for those, so it doesn't let me select both).)

This is a mostly-minor gripe, but still quite annoying and oddly janky, with occasional gameplay detriment, so I figured I'll bring it up. Whenever I open my inventory, and quick-equip my fox tail (either by right-clicking it with my mouse, or on controller by pressing X), it puts it in my top Accessory slot, instead of in the Social slot. Plenty of other vanity items cooperate and go to Social automatically, but not the fox tail (I haven't tried other tails, so not sure if it affects only it, or the other tails purchased from the Zoologist too).

It happens even with me having useful accessories on the top accessory slot. The quick-equip just up and replaces whatever important gear was there. Which is bad and wastes precious time when I'm trying to quickly scoop up/equip my stuff on a body-run while surrounded by enemies. :(

I hope this can be fixed sometime. Thanks.

Last edited:
So, I tried this out with about half of all of the vanity-only accessories in the game, and they all appear to behave as you described.

If it was just the tail that behaved this way, that would be inconsistent/buggy, but I could not find a single vanity-only accessory that behaved the way you indicated.

If it were a bug fix, I'd say it should be an easy fix, but this is ultimately a design suggestion, and we are not likely making further changes in that regard.

So, I tried this out with about half of all of the vanity-only accessories in the game, and they all appear to behave as you described.

If it was just the tail that behaved this way, that would be inconsistent/buggy, but I could not find a single vanity-only accessory that behaved the way you indicated.

If it were a bug fix, I'd say it should be an easy fix, but this is ultimately a design suggestion, and we are not likely making further changes in that regard.
Ahhh, I confused outfits with accessories there, sorry. It WOULD have been nice if we could quick-equip vanity-only accessories to vanity slots without them kicking off actual functional accessories, the exact same way we can already do with vanity-only armor...

(AND would be nice if quick-equipping accessories would have them go to the next empty slot if there is one, rather than just trading the same two back and forth in the first accessory slot only...)

...But I understand not implementing those at this late of a stage. Thanks for checking on this.

Back
Top Bottom