Weapons & Equip Rain Bow

IndigoGollum

The Destroyer
A colorful bow crafted from a pearlwood bow and crystal shards, ðe Rain Bow acts like an early-hardmode version of ðe Daedalus Stormbow. Instead of summoning arrows above your cursor, arrows travel in a steep ark from ðe player to a target so you can't use it indoors or underground. Maybe it could also leave a damaging rainbow trail for a second when firing wooden or holy arrows, a little like ðe Rainbow Gun.

Dealing about 30 damage would make it slightly weaker ðan a Molten Fury when using most arrows. 10 crystal shards and 1 pearlwood bow or 10 pearlwood at a workbench sounds like a fair recipe to me.

Wait, so an arrow that drops damaging Rain as it flies making it better for aiming at the farthest back enemy? I think there is already a projectile that does that.

I didn't want to make it too powerful in raw damage since wooden arrows can act as a lesser rainbow gun right at ðe beginning of hardmode. I wasn't aware of Aerial Bane since I'm not big on OOA stuff.
North Pole and Cursed Dart.
My idea is a little different. Cursed darts and ðe North Pole have one main projectile and leave a falling trail of smaller projectiles. Ðe Rain Bow has a single projectile ðat will always try to hit a target from straight above.

My idea is a little different. Cursed darts and ðe North Pole have one main projectile and leave a falling trail of smaller projectiles. Ðe Rain Bow has a single projectile ðat will always try to hit a target from straight above.
Do you mean that when you fire it the arrow will come from the sky to land at the cursor? The deadulus storm is already does that in setts of three. The meteor staff and lunar flare also share that functionality. Heck, the star fury and star wrath do the same.

Do you mean that when you fire it the arrow will come from the sky to land at the cursor? The deadulus storm is already does that in setts of three. The meteor staff and lunar flare also share that functionality. Heck, the star fury and star wrath do the same.
I think he means more like a Javelin Rocket style trajectory. And if I'm right;
20231116_053156.jpg

Here is an absolutely phenomenal, Mona Lisa quality painting I made in my high tech next gen picture editing software to show its trajectory in blue.

i kinda like this idea, tbh
it seems to fit well with Hallow's general sort of weapon themes and isn't too over the top for an early-HM weapon
looks like it's well balanced for its place in progression and gives pearlwood more genuine use

support!

Close. It's not homing, it always goes where your cursor is. It just doesn't travel in a straight line or shallow ark like most projectile weapons.

Back
Top Bottom