Weapons & Equip Ranger healing (we all want this!)

@Dominic11121 So, I'm "spiritual ranger", though I've made complete Terraria walkthrough with every class except Summoner, so I know how it works.
It's lifesteal, as I said. Really, you're not invincible. You kill the boss - you get his life. Won't help you with beating him... much. It's designed to wreck events.
BTW, could You be so kind and read what I posted just before You? I wrote sth important there, and don't want to spam it ^^

Not a big fan of the recipe, way too early compared to other life steal. My idea:

-100 Musket Balls
-5 Souls of Night

Still a little earlier, but more balanced. If anyone has ideas to make this properly Post-Plantera feel free to quote me. Names could be Soulstealer Bullets and Lifedrain Bullets respectively.

Not a big fan of the recipe, way too early compared to other life steal. My idea:

-100 Musket Balls
-5 Souls of Night

Still a little earlier, but more balanced. If anyone has ideas to make this properly Post-Plantera feel free to quote me. Names could be Soulstealer Bullets and Lifedrain Bullets respectively.
Post-Plantera You say...
Then ectoplasm seems best option. And, depending on implemented varieties (only one/ for both "evils"), it could be respectively:
66 msuket balls/empty cases + 1 ectoplasm + 1 demonite/crimtane = 66 lifestealer bullets (if there's one for all)
66/60 balls/cases + 1 extoplasm + 1 demonite/crimtane = 66 soulstealer/ 60 bloodsucker bullets (if both crimson and corruption had their variants)
Crimson variant in this case should yield slightly less, as it's meant to deal 1 damage more.

I don't know. Seems a little hard to balance. I'd argue that rangers need healing less than any other 'class'. I'm not against the idea of giving them lifesteal, I am just not sure it is necessary nor can I see how it would work effectively.

Every class being directly on frontline needs healing. Summoners don't qualify to it, Melee and Mages have it already. Rangers don't.
About balance... If it'd be implemented as it is now - it would be underpowered. Except for events, of course.

Healing for rangers is a good idea IMO,but Vampire Bullets itself...What about some kind of an accessory?Like Demon Lens(or something like that),which could be crafted from 2 Black Lenses+10 of each Hardmode bosses souls+10 Ectoplasm and gives you 3-5% lifesteal but decreases your ranged dmg by 10-15%.Btw,later it could be combined with a rifle scope,or a sniper scope.Combining it with a sniper scope will give you Demon Scope,though it will provide only lifesteal and no dmg penalty(hope this is the right word).

Last edited:
I have played through the game with melee, magic, ranged, and have recently finished expert mode with ranged, and I've never tried lifesteal. Is it really so special?

@Lightpowder You know, there's problem with rangers that they are tremendous damage dealers. In late-game even 1% could make You invincible (mainly during events). I don't know exactly how other "spiritual rangers" think, but I don't really want OP life leeching like Melee and Mages have. After they get Vamp. Knives/ Spectre armor + Hood & good magic weapon, they can beat any boss individually, cause of leeching it's health. My idea is based on life stealing that wouldn't help with bosses, as they are meant to be challenge, but rather events, which become RNG parties in fact. If my idea ever came true, it wouldn't help fighting bosses (as healing would come AFTER killing him), but make events easier.
Though I could accept any ranger-exclusive healing, cause it's irritating to see how other classes (especially my damned mage friend) smile in ranger's face when it comes to events... Our turn to grin is when they cannot get over 17th FM wave, though }:)
@Rough Draft It makes You invincible if You prepare yourself well.

@Lightpowder You know, there's problem with rangers that they are tremendous damage dealers. In late-game even 1% could make You invincible (mainly during events). I don't know exactly how other "spiritual rangers" think, but I don't really want OP life leeching like Melee and Mages have. After they get Vamp. Knives/ Spectre armor + Hood & good magic weapon, they can beat any boss individually, cause of leeching it's health. My idea is based on life stealing that wouldn't help with bosses, as they are meant to be challenge, but rather events, which become RNG parties in fact. If my idea ever came true, it wouldn't help fighting bosses (as healing would come AFTER killing him), but make events easier.
Though I could accept any ranger-exclusive healing, cause it's irritating to see how other classes (especially my damned mage friend) smile in ranger's face when it comes to events... Our turn to grin is when they cannot get over 17th FM wave, though }:)
@Rough Draft It makes You invincible if You prepare yourself well.

Personally,I don't think that 1% of lifesteal would make you invincible + what about something with A CHANCE of this to happen? Like 5% chance of getting healed with 7% of dealt ranged damage?

Personally,I don't think that 1% of lifesteal would make you invincible + what about something with A CHANCE of this to happen? Like 5% chance of getting healed with 7% of dealt ranged damage?
Isn't that a complicated way of saying 0.35% lifesteal with more RNG?

RNG = random number generation.
Basically, it means randomness of situation, with a given percentage chance to happen.

@GallaptorX Hmm, in fact giving 5% chance to heal 7% damage makes something that 1% couldn't - heal less than 1 hp per hit. 100% cahnce of healing even 0,5% of damage dealt would always give at least 1 (if not rounded down to 0, which is pretty much impossible), always roundung up, even to 49%+.

Idk, I like the idea of a Cupid's Bow that works basically the same as the Vampire Knives. Wooden Arrows are transformed into Cupid's Arrows, dealing the same amount of damage (5) and healing the player for a certain percentage of damage done to an enemy.
Melee's tanky, and yet, it still has a very effective way to restore health. It doesn't seem very fair that the class with less defense gets no self-healing weapon on top of that. It's just adding insult to injury.

Back
Top Bottom