PC Rarity of fishing up Enchanted Sundial?

Nate McCloud

Terrarian
I've been fishing for several in-game days in the surface Jungle using the full Angler set, Golden Fishing Rod, Master Bait (giggity), and Fishing and Sonar Potions, yet I have not seen a single Enchanted Sundial. What is the chance of fishing one of these up, exactly?

Well, you don't catch it directly, it comes from Wood, Iron or Golden crates, and only if they're opened in hard mode.

According go the wiki, the chances of a crate containing one are 1/20 (gold), 1/60 (iron) and 1/200 (wood), but the actual odds are probably a little better than that because of the way crates are calculated.

Really? I read that, in addition to finding them in wood, iron, and gold crates, you can fish them up directly in the surface jungle or corruption. Is that information incorrect?

That info was wrong. I've just corrected the article.
Thanks a lot for that! Now I know to use Crate Potions instead of Fishing Potions. And I can stop going crazy...

EDIT: Figures...as soon as I finally get an answer to the question, I get an Enchanted Sundial from a Wooden Crate. :p What luck, eh?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom