• Cyan-strongest

• Purple-strongest

• Something else (please share!)

• Leave it the way it is

Results are only viewable after voting.

ItsTheKais

Steampunker
(Try saying that five times fast!)

Does it bug anyone else that the rarity colors are all out of whack? Up through 1.1 it was pretty good, but the new rarity levels added in 1.2 had hues attached to them arbitrarily that aren't in order. The rainbow ought to be rearranged so it's actually a rainbow again!

Gray, White, and Amber can stay where they are. If we want to keep Blue the weakest and Cyan the strongest, then the colors should go:
  • Blue
  • Purple
  • Pink
  • Red
  • Orange
  • Yellow
  • Lime
  • Green
  • Cyan

Or, if we want the colors going in the same direction they went before 1.2, then Purple would be the strongest again:
  • Blue
  • Cyan
  • Green
  • Lime
  • Yellow
  • Orange
  • Red
  • Pink
  • Purple

(So many color tags!) :merchantconfused:

Just so there's no confusion, no item would have it's rarity value changed. Your Legendary Terra Blade is not going to become one step above a Light's Bane if the Purple-strongest order is implemented. The only thing that would change is the color used to represent the rarity values, so that Legendary Terra Blade would become Purple rarity.

Admittedly, both orders might confuse old players, since some colors end up on the opposite end of the rarity spectrum (like Green in Cyan-strongest and Cyan in Purple-strongest). But in the end, it'll be easier to estimate the value of a new-found item, or a different modifier, with the colors properly in order.

and it'll be way more satisfying, too!

I see, basically change rarity colors to what they once were? Never really cared about the order so I have no reason not to give support.

This can really help people who would try to remember the order. It's also a really creative way to change it up!
divider.png

Mana_Crystal.png
Mana_Crystal.png
Mana_Crystal.png
Mana_Crystal.png
Mana_Crystal.png
5 stars, simple and needed.

I never remember the order either. Personally, I'd prefer a rainbow of: Grey-White-Purple-Blue-Green-Yellow-Red. (With intermediate colours in-between as appropriate.)

Rarity seems to be a bit arbitrary though. Frostspark Boots have Lime rarity, so they're some kind of powerful item dropped by Plantera? No, they're an item obtainable after visiting the dungeon.
Amber for quest items is weird. They should be something more distinct - too bad Grey is already taken.

I think it's more based on the overall intensity of the color. Blue is a pretty dull color right now, but Cyan really pops. Same goes for that bright yellow and the pretty dull green.

Back
Top Bottom