Recommended gear for lunar events?

Actually, I think it doen't need any powerful gear(I used Fetid Baghnakhs, Uzi and Bettle shell armor for example), just stay at the edge of the pillar that can spawn mobs, take down as many as you can, escape when in low health, and then coming back...
When there is no orange light coming out from dead mobs, you can go to the pillar, using Nimbus Rod, and summoning to could on a pillar and run. (then come bake and do so again until it breaks).
Also, the vortex pillar seems the easiest one, since no mob can pass tiles, stay in a box and using one tile-piercing weapon could help(like Death Sickle, Daedalus Stormbow).
And the Phantasm with Holy Arrows was really powerful.

Also, the vortex pillar seems the easiest one, since no mob can pass tiles, stay in a box and using one tile-piercing weapon could help(like Death Sickle, Daedalus Stormbow).

If you are in a box, portals appear directly above you and spawn minions that drop on your head ;)

Personally, I think I used the Influx Waver and the UFO mount and just flew around the pillars... I may of had a minion to help me though. :)

Actually, I think it doen't need any powerful gear(I used Fetid Baghnakhs, Uzi and Bettle shell armor for example), just stay at the edge of the pillar that can spawn mobs, take down as many as you can, escape when in low health, and then coming back...
When there is no orange light coming out from dead mobs, you can go to the pillar, using Nimbus Rod, and summoning to could on a pillar and run. (then come bake and do so again until it breaks).
Stardust is the easiest, the enemies are super weak and small.

You're joking, right? Stardust is the HARDEST. Weak? Small? The easiest is actually Solar (as long as you stay on the ground).
I dont know how you can say that, its almost universally agreed how easy stardust is. The Milky Weavers are slow, tiny, and weak, the Cells are massive targets with low hp and crappy mobility, and the floating laser things are the only real threat, but are easy to bypass as long as you keep on the move. Personally I HATE Nebula, I get overwhelmed by the Laser floaty brains and the stupid brain suckers.

I dont know how you can say that, its almost universally agreed how easy stardust is. The Milky Weavers are slow, tiny, and weak, the Cells are massive targets with low hp and crappy mobility, and the floating laser things are the only real threat, but are easy to bypass as long as you keep on the move. Personally I HATE Nebula, I get overwhelmed by the Laser floaty brains and the stupid brain suckers.
We can all have our own opinion, what Nebula is to you is what Stardust is to me.

Having Fishron's weapons is ideal for taking on the Lunar Events. As well as the Highest Advanced Chlorophyte Tier Armor possible (Beetle Armor/Shroomite Armor/Spectre Armor)

Accessories that greatly help:

Fishron Wings
Frostspark Boots
Charm of Myths
Star Veil
Celestial Shell
Ankh Shield
Frozen Turtle Shell

As you defeat the Pillars you'll be upgrading to the pillar weapons anyway since the Lunar Weapons far outclass any weapon you've obtained so far at this point in the game. While Fishron Weapons aren't necessary for the Lunar Event, they make your life a lot easier trying to get the new Lunar Weapons.

As you defeat the Pillars you'll be upgrading to the pillar weapons anyway since the Lunar Weapons far outclass any weapon you've obtained so far at this point in the game. While Fishron Weapons aren't necessary for the Lunar Event, they make your life a lot easier trying to get the new Lunar Weapons.
Not quite, I still use Golem weapons post-ML. Possessed Hatchet OP :passionate:. I never had the chance of stumbling upon a Flairon, but I'd imagine I'd still use it too. Also, I've heard that Tsunami has higher DPS than Phantasm.

In my guides, I usually recommend (if you're a Melee user) that you get...

1). Ankh Shield
2). Celestial Shell
3). Master Ninja Gear
4). Destroyer's Emblem
5). Either a Cross Necklace or Charm of Myths
5). Yo-Yo Bag that you can switch out with the Necklace/Charm when using a Yo-Yo
6). Beetle Shell Armor

For weapons, I suggest getting a Possessed Hatchet, along with an Eye of Cthulhu.

I then suggest doing Martian Madness using the Yo-Yo and hiding in a hidey-hole, until one gets the Influx Waver and a Cosmic Car Key.

Once you have that, you can easily defeat the Lunatic Cultist (using the hatchet), and then go after the Solar Pillar. Yes, the Solar Pillar is going to be hard at first and you will probably die a few times (make a house with bed and nurse nearby) but if you keep banging your head against the wall, 5-10 kills at a time, you will eventually kill the pillar. As soon as you do, make yourself a Solar Eruption and a Daybreak and that's all you'll be needing until the Moon Lord drops the Terrarian. If you didn't get enough fragments to make both, kill the other three pillars and hopefully make the Daybreak before the ML Spawns, lol. If not, you can use the Influx Waver on his heart instead of Daybreak but it will take longer.

Using this method, you can easily skip the Moons and Fishron, and it gets you into endgame gear much faster with only a mild bit of difficulty with the Solar Pillar. The rest is extremely smooth and easy to do.

Back
Top Bottom