Game Mechanics Refined Reforges

WhiteWeasel

Terrarian
So 1.3 is out and likely that there isn't much point to suggestions anymore. But, hey , there's still modding and other world. So anyway I dislike how random reforging is. I think the goblin tinker should have three reforge options. And items can only get a modifier based on it's tier. For instance you can no longer reforge an item and have it go from godly to broken and vice versa. Also like my other suggestions, these are just numbers off the top of my head so the percentages are just examples. ;)

The three slots will determine the likely hood of it receiving the modifier. So you know each reforge prefix adjusts your items tier by a set amount right? A white tier sword with a legendary modifier (+2 )will become green tier. The way this works is that instead of being random, your reforges will move up/down tiers. Right now reforge prices are currently 1/3 of an items sell value to make up for the increased likely hood of getting a desirable reforge, I also suggest the goblin tinkerer charges at least 2/3 or even equivalent of an items sell price to reforge.

Bargain reforge: The low tier reforge, you pay 70% as much to reforge as you would otherwise. Reforging an item here will have a 50% chance of getting an equivalent tier modifier, 40% for a tier down, and 10% for a tier up. Say, if you were to reforge a godly silver broadsword, and got unlucky and hit the 30% margin for a reforge down. It would get modifier that gave it a +1 (going down from a +2) to a tier such as ruthless or hurtful for example.
Net: 60% beneficial.

Standard reforge: You pay the items normal reforge price. You have a 50% chance to get an equivalent tier reforge, a 25% chance of a reforge up and a 25% chance of a reforge down.
Net: 75% Beneficial

Superior Reforge: high tier reforge. You pay 200% the items standard reforge price. You have a 55% chance of getting a equivalent tier reforge, a 35% chance of a reforge up and a 10% chance of a reforge down. Net: 85% beneficial

Now what if you say you have an item with the highest modifier it can get and use the quality reforge on it? Since it can no longer reforge up anymore that reforge up chance essentially combines with the equivalent tier chance for a net 85% chance of getting a same tier reforge. So this would make transitioning from godly to legendary quite easy for example. This idea makes it more it more expensive to reforge, but ultimately cheaper in the long run as you are not as prone to bad RNG anymore.

I like some of this, as it gives a... closer to 'fixed' price for reforging. I favor a different system altogether, but seeing as how a massive overhaul of the reforging system is unlikely, I haven't bothered making a suggestion thread.

In addition to this, I'd like to see the Reforge screen come with options for the kind of forge you want.

Like, you'd tell the Tinkerer that you want reforges to focus on Damage output, and you won't get any reforges that don't modify damage.

Or you'd say "I'd like mana conservation please" when reforging a magic weapon and you won't get any reforges that don't include a mana cost modifier.

For accessories we'd probably have to generalize it, though. "Survival" or "Damage", with Damage including reforges for attack, crit chance and melee speed while Survival covers defense, movement speed, Arcande, etc.

Back
Top Bottom