Reforge the Reactions

Do you like the new reactions?

• Total voters

maranethan 🐿

Eye of Cthulhu
TCF just added new reactions. Those are:
Tree, Axe, Magic, Dead, Suspicious, Celebrate, & Boulder.
(I’d add the pictures, but I can’t find the files for each one, so just react to this post to see them)
(TCF also changed the guide emojis, but that’s not what this post is about)
When would you use magic as a response? Didn’t the Tree vs. Axe war end?
The dead emoji is being used as a replacement for Haha, WHICH ALREADY EXISTS. :D

The Terraria community has mixed reactions on these, so I came up with an idea:

REFORGE THE REACTIONS!
I made a list of better reactions that would make more sense.

-Dislike/No/Disagree pixil-frame-0 407.png
(@maranethan 🌳🍉🐿️)
(replacement for axe)
We have thumbs up, which means we like or agree with something, or we are saying yes.
But the closest we have to a disagree is :nursemad:.

-
Suspicious/Confused/What?:merchantwhat:
(@Puro [CiM] 🌳)
(replacement for suspicious)
I chose merchant because it hasn’t been used yet.

-Skull
index.php

(@a far away planet 🪐🍉⭐️)
(replacement for dead)
A skull makes more sense than a gravestone.

Comment your ideas, and if I like them, I’ll add them to this list.

PS. On the topic of reactions, I think the angry reaction has some stretched pixels.​

Last edited:
TCF just added new reactions. Those are:
Tree, Axe, Magic, Dead, Suspicious, Celebrate, & Boulder.
(I’d add the pictures, but I can’t find the files for each one, so just react to this post to see them)
(TCF also changed the guide emojis, but that’s not what this post is about)
When would you use magic as a response? Didn’t the Tree vs. Axe war end?
The dead emoji is being used as a replacement for Haha, WHICH ALREADY EXISTS. :D

The Terraria community has mixed reactions on these, so I came up with an idea:

REFORGE THE REACTIONS!
I made a list of better reactions that would make more sense.

-Dislike/No/DisagreeView attachment 421389
(@maranethan)
We have thumbs up, which means we like or agree with something, or we are saying yes.
But the closest we have to a disagree is :nursemad:.

Comment your ideas, and if I like them, I’ll add them to this list.

PS. On the topic of reactions, I think the angry reaction has some stretched pixels.​
Instead of "Dead", there should be a skull. (I didn't come up with this idea, I think it was @Russ Guss Doodles). He also made a specific sprite for it, but I'm too lazy to look for it.

I thought of this too, but all the cases that dead would be used in can be replaced with “Haha”.
Also, the skeletron map icon would work well for a skull.
I disagree. A skull emoji isn't only used to represent laughter. There also other times where saying a skull emoji makes sense while saying "haha" would not at all. I consider them pretty different, or at least so that it deserves its own reaction/reaction resprite.

The Magic icon has actually grown on me. I use it the same way I use the sparkle emoji ✨ that is for stuff that is pretty or magical.

And like I said in a different thread, I wouldn’t mind seeing the tree removed and the axe turned into a dislike reaction.

Instead of "Dead", there should be a skull. (I didn't come up with this idea, I think it was @Russ Guss Doodles). He also made a specific sprite for it, but I'm too lazy to look for it.
I shared it here. It’s just the skull icon from the bestiary.
After thinking about it a bit I would change...

Chop that nonsense!
"Chop that nonsense!" to
index.php
"Dislike"

Party Time!
"Party Time!" to
index.php
"Woo!"

Kinda Sus(picious Looking Eye)
"Kinda Sus(picious looking eye)" to o_O "What?"

I'm dying here!'m dying here!
"I'm dying here!" to
index.php
"Dead".

I would remove the tree since it fills the same role as a heart and the fairy because it feels more suited for text (imagine if you could use all three fairies as smilies). Boulder can stay for the memes.

I shared it here. It’s just the skull icon from the bestiary.
Oh, that one.
The Magic icon has actually grown on me. I use it the same way I use the sparkle emoji ✨ that is for stuff that is pretty or magical.
I think like or love work too. But ‘that looks magical’ doesn’t really sound like a reaction worth keeping.

I’d add this one to the list, but then there would be 2 guides. :(
And the pirate (the only one left) already has a hat.
I could try making a Party Girl version of it, no promises on it looking any good though.

I just found out that if you made the thread, you can double post forever. :confused:
Yep, you have the power! But in general it’s a good idea to just edit your last post like you normally would.:dryadwink:

Last edited:
That isn't relevant. It exists.
No, actually not mentioning it is relevant. That implies being okay with it, while also saying a basic dislike would be used for toxicity, despite being far more mild than saying something makes you angry.

Back
Top Bottom