Game Mechanics Reforging needs reworked

Jedi1josh

Terrarian
Leaving reforging up to chance has got to go. I don't mind paying to reforge, but I went through almost 4 platinums trying to get my lava charm to warding for my tank, I had to settle for armored once I realized how much I spent. I'm still new and I am still in pre hard mode, so 4 platinums is a lot of money for me. What's worse is my lava charm is actually my back up item I swap in place, so I spent quite a bit to upgrade an item I only sometimes use.

Some possible ideas are:

1.) Just let us pick what modifiers we want and set a price for it. (This is my personal favorite idea)

2.) Let us have reforging table that uses materials to reforge our equipment, the higher value modifiers take rare and/or extra materials, and change the goblin into a salesman who sells basic materials needed for reforging.

3.) Same as above except the goblin remains as is and we can choose to take our chances with him or go out hunting for the materials we need.

4.) If you must have it be random then don't allow the same modifiers to repeat, that way we can at least get to want we want even if we have to go through the stuff we don't want first.

If anyone has any ideas feel free to add to them or criticize my ideas.

I think the material table is a great idea, another possible idea is to combine two of the same weapon to get the best reforge immediately for a set price.

What if you choose a price, and the more you pay, the higher chance for a better reforge.
I also like the idea of reforging materials. what if there was a set of rare items, with a prefixes like "Ruthless stone" "Legendary alloy" "warding metal" etc that, in exchange for the item, guarantee that modifier on your item.
better yet, what if you could smelt an item, basically selling it for a reduced cost, however you also get the item for the modifier it had. so smelting your legendary iron boadsword would let you keep the legendary material and use it on a terra-blade or something

Last edited:
It would be pretty cool to scavenger hunt for the resources to get a reforge, but wouldn't that just be more chance, like mob drops

This is actually a fantastic idea! I have finished the game and i'm using the charm of absolute luck from AlchemistNPC mod and it's really damn useful thing so i suggest using it (you can get it by defeating the Wall of Flesh and i haven't even got 4 platinum coin totally without spending the others

You actually get the charm of luck from the Wall of Flesh which the then be updated to the charm of absolute luck by combining it with 30 shroomite bars and the souls of the three mechanical bosses :)

Back
Top Bottom