PC Renegade Mod

PricklyPineapple

Eye of Cthulhu
I'm going to wait until 1.4 tModLoader is out, but upon the new DLC thing, I've decided to try to make my own mod, as that has been my dream for a while.

-4 New NPCS (Living Wood NPC, Renegade,)

-2 New Bosses (Jupiter Storm,)

-3 New Armour + Tool Sets (Starmetal,)

-1 New Gameplay Mechanic (Z-Power)

Please put your own ideas in, and if I like them, they're going in! If your idea is chosen, I will credit you if the mod gets released. I will be working on this mod all by myself so if you wanted to join the project, sorry, no. For the same reason, this mod may take a while to come out. put your ideas in the comments please, tell your friends about this thread, and peace! :p
CREDITS: KETER_STATE, LuckyLMJ

For the Living Wood to move in you will need a max stack of wood in your inventory and an open house.

Names:
Ash, Pine, Aspen, Maple, Willow, Cedar, Larch, Alder, Palm, Birch, Oak, Spruce, Groot.

Available items:
Wood = 5 copper (can buy at anytime)
Wood Wall = 5 copper (can buy at anytime)
Rich Mahogany = 10 copper (can buy at anytime)
Rich Mahogany Wall = 10 copper (can buy at anytime)
Ebonwood = 5 copper (needs to be settled in corruption to buy)
Shadewood = 5 copper (needs to be settled in crimson to buy)
Pearlwood = 5 copper (needs to be settled in hallow to buy)
Dynasty Wood = 50 copper (only sold when traveling merchant is around)
Wooden Chair = 3 silver (can buy at anytime)
Wooden Table = 3 silver (can buy at anytime)
Wooden Door = 3 silver (can buy at anytime)
Wooden Fence = 1 silver (can buy at anytime)
Rich Mahogany Chair = 6 silver (can buy at anytime)
Rich Mahogany Table = 6 silver (can buy at anytime)
Rich Mahogany Door = 6 silver (can buy at anytime)
Rich Mahogany Fence = 2 silver (can buy at anytime)
Rich Mahogany Dresser = 10 silver (can buy at anytime)
Rich Mahogany Bookcase = 10 silver (can buy at anytime)
Campfire = 25 silver (can buy at anytime)
Acorn = 5 copper (can buy at anytime)

Living Wood Says:
What else would I sell except wood?
I am Groot. (Only line of dialogue available if named Groot.)
How much wood do I have? Why do you ask?
Why chop trees down if you could just buy them from me?
Traveling Merchant's name] sold me this Dynasty Wood and it is complete garbage. Want some? (Only when Traveling Merchant is present)
I sit inside a wooden house. Is the house made of me? Or am I made of house? I scream for I do not know. (Only when house is made out of at least 1 wood block.)
Don't you come near me with that axe of yours!

Resembles a guide, but made out of living wood
Attacks with a Pearlwood sword
For the Renegade to move in you need to defeat Jupiter Storm
Names:
John, William, Carausius, Douglas, Narciso, Roman, Oscar, Donald, Dylan, Fin

Renegade Says:
*Weird gurgling noise*
Attacks with shurikens

Has no head. Instead he has a Fish Bowl.
Has a 10% chance to spawn every day once Duke Fishron has been defeated.
Status Messages:
(a) once Duke Fishron has been defeated: You have angered the Gods. Prepare yourself.
(b) on the day that the attack will happen: A storm is brewing far above...
It appears as a golden cloudy swirl with someone trapped inside (See: Renegade) Attacks: Behaves like the expert mode Eye of Cthulhu second phase, summoning Jupiter Elementals to attack you, while simultaneously rushing you vertically.
Music: Plays Boss 1 during fight.
Drops: Jupiter Fragments(10 - 30) (100% Chance)
Expert mode item: Burnt Cheese Pita

Last edited:
I'm waiting for more ideas of NPCs from people. the Miner can come after you first mine stone, and will sell ores based on what point you stand in the game progression. Living wood will sell wood items, and the renegade will sell Z-Crystals, which are accessories you will be able to equip that adds a Z-Meter that fills up a bit more every time you deal a blow or take a hit. Once that Z-Meter is full, next time you deal a blow, you will inflict 25% more damage and a debuff depending on which Z-Crystal you bought.

This has potential, and I'd try to help you out but I'm terrible at programming and I'm a bit better at graphics.
Do you have any concept sketches for them or sprites?

You said 4 NPCs and you mentioned 3 after? and, I'm curious, what those NPCs do?
By the way I'm a huge fan of your mod! It's one of the mods that inspired me to make a mod! It's awesome and I use it on most of my playthroughs! I'm literally honored that you are commenting on my thread.

Awww~! I'm very happy to hear that!! And I'm very happy if it could inspire you to make your mod!

Tell me more about the town NPCs, I wonder if we brainstorm together it could be helpful?

hmm...
The renegate might be interesting, I dunno.

As for living wood NPC, right now, most of his/her/its shop seems unnecessary. like, you can craft wood walls from wood with the same amount of clicks than buying it... same goes for basic furnitures. that's totally unnecessary.
it is an interesting idea to have an NPC selling wood, in vanilla, it can be annoying to plant, chop, replant, chop them again. But several mods also offer NPCs selling wood, such as the lumberjack (in his own standalone mod) or Alchemist NPCs' architect.

Generally, what I think about town NPCs is, that I really like them, but, they only make sense to be there, if they do something useful. they take up a room and stuff afterall. so they ought to be useful at least to some extent. having someone sell wood is useful (but there are other NPCs doing it too...) but most of the time, you don't need to be able to buy things like chairs and tables, that's what I think.

Now if he sells living loom, that's another thing. lumberjack sells it too though... well, that is another mod though.

also, why would the renegate wear a fish bowl...?

hmm...

As for living wood NPC, right now, most of his/her/its shop seems unnecessary. like, you can craft wood walls from wood with the same amount of clicks than buying it... same goes for basic furnitures. that's totally unnecessary.
it is an interesting idea to have an NPC selling wood, in vanilla, it can be annoying to plant, chop, replant, chop them again. But several mods also offer NPCs selling wood, such as the lumberjack (in his own standalone mod) or Alchemist NPCs' architect.

Generally, what I think about town NPCs is, that I really like them, but, they only make sense to be there, if they do something useful. they take up a room and stuff afterall. so they ought to be useful at least to some extent. having someone sell wood is useful (but there are other NPCs doing it too...) but most of the time, you don't need to be able to buy things like chairs and tables, that's what I think.

Now if he sells living loom, that's another thing. lumberjack sells it too though... well, that is another mod though.

I'm gonna try to make an early game invasion based on the ocean biome.

I see... that might be interesting. Tell more about it. But I still don't really get why would that person wear a fish bowl? I get ocean, water, water in a fishbowl... yeah, but still...

And you didn't said anything about what I said about the shop of the living wood NPC?

I see... that might be interesting. Tell more about it. But I still don't really get why would that person wear a fish bowl? I get ocean, water, water in a fishbowl... yeah, but still...

And you didn't said anything about what I said about the shop of the living wood NPC?
Oh sorry, right. I will fix the Living Wood's shop, and the reason the Renegade wears a fish bowl is because he is a Renegade of the fish army and he needs water. Get it?

Oh sorry, right. I will fix the Living Wood's shop, and the reason the Renegade wears a fish bowl is because he is a Renegade of the fish army and he needs water. Get it?
Curious how will the new shop look like

As for the renegade, I get he's some fishman or something, but fish bowl looks so silly on characters... XD maybe he could look cooler? I dunno. well, how would the creatures in that fish-themed invasion look like?

like all ocean creatures, except with water bowls an there head and walking like a goldfish
But most of them are pretty small. besides sharks, vanilla ocean (as of right now. 1.4 might makes it more colorful though) only has a few stuff, like jellyfish, squid, sea snail, and crab (which can walk on dry land too, anyway)
really how would these look like walking on land with a fish bowl on head...?

But most of them are pretty small. besides sharks, vanilla ocean (as of right now. 1.4 might makes it more colorful though) only has a few stuff, like jellyfish, squid, sea snail, and crab (which can walk on dry land too, anyway)
really how would these look like walking on land with a fish bowl on head...?
its kinda a work in progress

water invasion:
monsters: floating jellyfish, laser shark, drowned scuba diver, fish golem, hopping clam,
mini boss idea: queen jellyfish desc: a huge flying jellyfish that fires poisoned slime and spawns more floating jellyfish
2500 health

hmm...

ill come with a better things the NPC sell that will be more usful

As for a mod idea, not bad but need more structure, interesting aspects n' not being a cookie cutter mod like most.

Z-Power is unique to itself, but the mod lacks in other places. Several mods add a miner NPC already.
Otherwise, could be interesting. If this goes somewhere i'll be sure to take a look.

Back
Top Bottom