Blocks & Decoration Request fulfilled!

Typu

Terrarian
This was reverted in 1.4.4!

Hello, I have been mostly silent for years when posting things on this forum, but this is something that I simply cannot let go past me.

As you know, the properties of some blocks have changed after this crossover update, with one of them being frozen slime blocks. In order to explain what had changed for this block, I will first show you a build that had utilized the 3 slime blocks together, and what the update had done to the appearance of the structure.

Here is what it looked like before the update came around:

Capture 2021-11-17 19_22_06.png

Here is what it looks like now:

Capture 2021-11-18 14_23_41.png

It really breaks my heart to see a building method that I had used for more than 6 years to be rendered impossible now, so I am suggesting that there be an accent-like version for the frozen slime block if it cannot be reverted. I'm adding this option as I've seen complaints come about from the changes for the stone slab blocks before.

To better explain what I mean by this, a visual example will be posted below.

Note: The image is a screenshot from a version of the game before 1.4.3. In order to provide this visual, I used tModLoader, as it uses 1.3.5.3. This was how these three blocks interacted with each other before the 1.4.3 update.

Gel Trio.png

Left side unpainted, while the right side is painted. Notice how none of these three blocks happen to merge into each other.

If the change can be reverted or an accent block take the place of the old one, I would be happy, as the stuff I made below were only made possible due to the nature of the old frozen slime block.

Images are sorted by date created:

T5J06Zx.png

c7R1kQ5.png

XBs7kXT.png

IufVUFQ.png

Capture 2018-12-06 16_05_34.png

I didn't want to mention this now because I wanted to keep it secret, but I feel that is appropriate mentioning as it is affected by this change. Basically, I have been working on a Terraria adventure map called 'Gellaria' for 3 years and running, and I've centered it's aesthetic around the 3 slime blocks, this change however denies the purpose of the map's whole style.

Here are a couple of examples of where the 3 slime blocks are used together in several areas of the map:

Baleful Burrow 3.png

Sky-high Swamp 1.png

Beetling Bayou 3.png

Gelatin Junction.png

Cerulean Citadel 2.png

Slippery Sanctum 4.png

Slippery Sanctum 6.png

Cobalt Cot.png

Azure Abyss 3.png

This is all I can really ask for, this has been a building style that I had used for many years, and I feel that others could use this style as well.

Last edited:
I updated some images to be more fitting for the purpose of posting this thread and I have also included a visual example of what I am asking to have back in the game.

I apologize if the format was hastily put together at first, I hope that it is now easier to understand what I am asking for here.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom