Items [Request] Short Range, Door shaped, Background portals.

As seen in official screenshot of "Old One's Army & Dungeon Defenders 2 Crossover Content" Announcement.
Specifically this picture.
index.php

I'm sure many of you have seen or even made, smaller background black doorways in your builds. Examples can be found here, here and here. Couple of builds which i found after.. around a minute of looking trough Terraria's subreddit.

I'd like to request, new type of Background specific teleport system. Gates, or much more reasonably sized Doorways.

- Those gates/doorways could be used to connect different rooms in the same building, without the need for platforms, ladders or staircases. Simply another option of moving around in your own house.

- Standard doorways would have very limited range, making them useful for house design, but not a replacement for teleports.

- Gates, or perhaps upgraded magical doorways could be used over longer distances for creation of small specific instances in server or just offline environment. Example being a magical doorway that leads to a secret room, that happens to be in a different corner of the map, hidden away, and usually unreachable by players.

- They could be used without wires, maybe with use of some kind of code system instead? requiring you to input a code, number as you place the doorways/gates (And only when you place them), making them only work with a doorway/gate that shares its code/number, type (Oak doorway, Enchanted cloud doorway, Iron gate etc.), and is within its permitted distance.

- Animation for the basic wooden door could be akin, and a reference to resident evil's famous door opening, with similar sound effect.

- They are immersive, could be used for creation of adventure map mini dungeons, castles or other such things.

Last edited:
These essentially are just less flexible teleporters that don't make a "FWEEEEEEEE" sound when you activate them right? I'd rather just have the option to have teleporters be completely silent.

These essentially are just less flexible teleporters that don't make a "FWEEEEEEEE" sound when you activate them right? I'd rather just have the option to have teleporters be completely silent.

In addition to being noisy they emit a yellow light that indicates that there is a teleporter there, which ends the fantasy of going through a door.

Back
Top Bottom