• Journey's End on PC - Find info here and here. Please report bugs and issues for PC 1.4 and 1.4.1 to Re-Logic here.
  • Journey's End on Mobile - Find info here. Report bugs for Mobile 1.4 to DR Studios at this link and give as much detail as possible.
  • 1.4 will bring many changes to the PC version. We strongly advise making plans to back up your worlds and players prior to updating your game. More details here.
  • Console and Switch - The latest news can be found here. To report a bug, please use this link.

tModLoader Research from 1.4 in Terraria 1.3.5

PeacefulPotato

Skeletron
umm my keyboard doesnt have a add key and i dont know how to change the keybind can someone help me
Sure! If you are on the main menu, go to settings --> controls --> keybindings. If in game, simply go to settings --> controls. Then, click on the button that says "ResearchFrom14: Open or Close ResearchUI" and press the key/mouse button you want to use. By the way, the "add" key is the plus sign on your number pad.

Dragonknight951

Terrarian
- Fixed infinite ammo not respecting the right config option.
Thank you for your timely fix. Great mod btw, absolutely loving all the little things that i feel make it a bit better than the somewhat bare-bones 1.4 journey mode implementation. And even though i personally don't use the options like infinite ammo i still like that you have them as Options rather than forced one or the other.

Hello. I'm having an issue where when I right click an item in the research menu, my game crashes to desktop. Is there an incompatibility that I missed somewhere? Or perhaps just a bug.

Darakudemon

Official Terrarian
The inf item option doesn't seem to work with Overhaul mod. I can see why this is since overhaul changes so much.

armorpower

Official Terrarian
Only thing I would like changed(aka added) would be a scroll bar for the research GUI as I legit can't scroll cause of my dumb mouse wheel being broken plus it would be nice to have in general

sHooIT

Terrarian
Is there a hotkey to quick research? If not, it might be a good idea to make one. What I'm saying is for example: CTRL+Click to just research it, without needing to click the research button

DarkCat77

Terrarian
Is there a hotkey to quick research? If not, it might be a good idea to make one. What I'm saying is for example: CTRL+Click to just research it, without needing to click the research button
From post#71
- A Config option (false by default) that allows Shift-clicks to automatically research if you don't have the item yet

I can't seem to get this mod to work. I started a new save with only this mod enabled to make sure it wasn't conflicting with anything; however, when I open my inventory and press the hotkey ( tried reassigning it to make sure nothing else used that hotkey ) nothing happens.
I saw someone else have the exact same problem, and I read the reply and did everything it told and it still isn’t working

A problem I've ran into is that the exception list does nothing. I tried setting teleporters to 100, but when I hover over it in recipe browser, it still says 1. I haven't researched teleporters yet.

A configuration option where res sharing books work when you leave the world. I'm doing a mod of redemption play through with this and something broke my character and I can't give the new one my researched items because it isn't learning. I'd appreciate any way to save res sharing after leaving a world.

Uozumi Eizo

Terrarian
Great mod, I have heard from a few people (and myself) would like the UI changed, but don't rush it though and take your time. Otherwise cool mod.

Saint Sigma X

Terrarian
A configuration option where res sharing books work when you leave the world. I'm doing a mod of redemption play through with this and something broke my character and I can't give the new one my researched items because it isn't learning. I'd appreciate any way to save res sharing after leaving a world.
Try using the split screen mod (or the alternative he suggests)
Load up both characters and give a new research book to your new character.
At the moment research books can only retain knowledge for the session they were created in. I assume this would be tough to fix, so hope this method helps.

Owyn

Terrarian
Is it possible to turn off spelunky effect glow for researched items? (or to just make everything non-researched glow instead) would be awesome

Last edited:

Owyn

Terrarian
> By default, this will also unlock all items you can craft with that item

How do I do "recalculate" when I install new mods and all their item prerequisites are already researched (but not the resulting item now) ?

Saint Sigma X

Terrarian
I can't get custom exceptions to work. How am I suppose to do this? I enter a modded item's name in the key field, and the amount in the value, but it has no effect.
Screenshot_82.png

Screenshot_81.png

Top Bottom