PC Retrieving Characters and Worlds from Steam Cloud

Myth

Terrarian
So I recently upgraded to Windows 10. I had some errors with installing it from Windows 7 so I ended up doing a ffresh install then installing Win10 and finally I got my PC upgraded. I was fine with doing a fresh install as well I don't have anything of important, yeah sure, some documents, but I've got an account on mediafire so I uploaded all files I felt like saving. Other files were games, programs like PS, Sony Vegas, etc, and some gameplay that I felt I was never going to use anyways.

My question is, even though I backed them up on mediafire, I was wondering how one could retrieve the characters and worlds saved on Steam Cloud. There isn't really an option to retrieve them as I usually just expected them to be saved, rather than my having to get them back "down" from the cloud.

As long as your Steam account is the same, and Cloud Save is activated, they should automatically appear in your Choose Character page. You can then "de-Cloud" them and they will be uploaded to your HD's save folder instead.

I wold like to add something to this post. If your saves have modded content then don't even bother with the cloud saves. The moment you add them to the save all modded information is deleted and your world and character will still be there although all modded items and ores in any inventory will be deleted and removed from the saves no matter what you do or how you do it. So my suggestion if you do plan to back up your saves is either use a USB flash drive or save them somewhere else on your PC. This happened to me twice in the past 8 hours. This is for the latest Terraria 1.3.3

Mods installed:
Thorium
Tremor Remastered
Infinity (This deals with things like infinite ammunition of every kind including throwing weapons also)
Max Stacks + (Increases maximum stack size for all stackable items)
Prefix's for Enemies
Pre-Hardmode Greatswords
ImkSushi (all mods)
Itemtronics
Recipe Browser
SImple Auto Chests

As long as your Steam account is the same, and Cloud Save is activated, they should automatically appear in your Choose Character page. You can then "de-Cloud" them and they will be uploaded to your HD's save folder instead.
So I uploaded a few characters to cloud to save them while I reinstalled my game and after I went back to the select character screen, they were gone. The same happened to a few worlds I saved for the same reason. So how would I go about recovering said characters and worlds.

in terraria,i created an account for a sky block map I am playing on and In the world I got a lot of stuff, most in my inventory, today,i was trying to copy my character design to make another for a glitch and put my main character for it in cloud save but after going to world select then going back because I forgot to make the new character, my main one had disappeared.Is there a way to get it back/off the cloud?
thx

Back
Top Bottom