Votes: 4 36.4%
  • I think that this sucks!

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Hah, references.

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

Scironex

The Destroyer
I recently read an idea for a cross-class item combining Ranged and Magic. The item I'm proposing bridges Melee and Ranged.

It behaves like a polearm, but when it hits an enemy and there's a bullet in your inventory, it consumes one of them, and gives that bullet's effect and knockback. (and possibly its damage?)

Revolver Staff

tBqCYZu.png

Damage 37 (28, if the bullets give bonus damage)
Knockback 4.4
Use Time 15

It would be obtained post-1 mech.

Recipe*
Hallowed_Bar.png
(8)
Illegal_Gun_Parts.png

Soul_of_Fright.png
(20)

*Recipe up for debate.

Thinking about it, I think that cross-class items can be a fun way to help alleviate the single-class pressure that is so present in Hardmode. I've never had a problem with it before, but I've also never thought about it before. I would welcome more suggestions with this sort of premise.

Thoughts and criticism, as always, are appreciated.

Btw, this may or may not be inspired by RWBY.

Last edited:
I don't like the idea of cross-classing. There's not really much point. There are some ranged melee weapons (boomerangs etc), most magic is ranged, and some ranged weapons are close range. All of the classes have options, there's no need for weapons that get buffed by more than one class.

I will say though that I like the illegal gun parts seeing some late-game love.

there's no need for weapons that get buffed by more than one class.
The Revolver staff would only get bonuses from Melee stat boosts. That is to say, the Ranger Emblem has no effect on the Revolver Staff's damage, and the bullet boosts are calculated using base damage, should they give a damage boost at all.

So it's a melee weapon that consumes bullets?

Oh it's like a gunlance from Monster Hunter. Okay, I'm in.

Support. I'd love some more cross-class content. I'd trying to picture how this thing would work. A pressure pad on the end of the spear that fires the revolver when pressed?

I just want to point out that this isn't really "cross-class." Sure it uses bullets, but it only receives it's bonus from melee sets. So it's still a melee weapon really.

I just want to point out that this isn't really "cross-class." Sure it uses bullets, but it only receives it's bonus from melee sets. So it's still a melee weapon really.
Oh? The thread I was referencing in the OP was Mana Bullets, which are pretty self-explanatory. That was referred to as being "cross-class," so I see no reason for this to not be.

Back
Top Bottom