Game Mechanics Riding on players (players being the mount)

faceless505

Terrarian
With the LIlith's necklace and the upcoming new raptor transformation mount, could there be a way for players to hop on your back? Im sure it would make multiplayer and co-op more interesting.
And maybe add a centaur transformation mount if you do decide to add it in?
something like this maybe (image is from an existing mod from the steam workshop, sadly i dont think it works for 1.4 as of the time im posting this
1691036054399.png

Last edited:
I second this as I'm the Creator of the Centaur Mounts Shown above
^.~

I think it would be Pretty Great if you could be able to turn into a Centaur yourself
^^

And being able to carry another Player (of your Team) on your "Horse" Back!
But also able to Charge into enemies yourself and the damage you did would be based on your Armor Ratting
;p

I've had had a Few requests on the Workshop to make a Texturepack that would make it appear as if the Player had Turned into a Centaur themselves
But it would be more glitchy then I'd like.... as I have already Tinkered with the Idea
<.<;

Imagine Super Mario Bros. Wonder
I had to look that up, as I didn't know anything about it. But I were wondering if it were something Related Yoshi
Like in Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, where you Play as a Yoshi with Baby Mario ridding on the Yoshi's Back saddle
^^

I didn't expect to end up seen a Yoshi riding on the back saddle of another Yoshi
lol

I've made some mockups of Centaur Transform with The Default Outfit Styles for the Original Terraria Player Sprite:
Player_Centaur_♂_All.png

Base - Starter - Sticker - Gangster - Coat - Dress
Player_Centaur_♀_All.png

and an Ingame with Equipped Armor and some Accessories
Centaur_Player_With_Friend_on_Back.png

However what is the function? A horse mount you can't control? Outside of a niche PvP minigame it might be starved for purpose which may not be enough for Re-Logic to bother adding it

With the LIlith's necklace and the upcoming new raptor transformation mount, could there be a way for players to hop on your back? Im sure it would make multiplayer and co-op more interesting.
And maybe add a centaur transformation mount if you do decide to add it in?
something like this maybe (image is from an existing mod from the steam workshop, sadly i dont think it works for 1.4 as of the time im posting this
View attachment 418216
Wow umm i support

However what is the function? A horse mount you can't control? Outside of a niche PvP minigame it might be starved for purpose which may not be enough for Re-Logic to bother adding it
The function would be that the Player Transforms like with Lilith's Necklace which turns the Player into a Wolf.
But instead into a Centaur Witch means you could still visually wear upper body Armor and Accessories
While also being able to carry Another Player (in your Team) on your back, if they clicked on you
^.~

I don't see what this have to do with PvP?... But it would have a'lot of uses for PvE Co-Op
;p

Like being able to keep your friend close and they don't fall behind or get lost if they lose sight of your
Carry them around while they are AFK so you don't have to babysit them while they are AFK and can do something else
and If your much Better jumper and Kitting then your friend they can just sit on your horse back and shot with Ranged Weapons, Magic or Minions and whips while you Focus on what's ahead
^.~

Like being able to keep your friend close and they don't fall behind or get lost if they lose sight of your
Carry them around while they are AFK so you don't have to babysit them while they are AFK and can do something else
and If your much Better jumper and Kitting then your friend they can just sit on your horse back and shot with Ranged Weapons, Magic or Minions and whips while you Focus on what's ahead
^.~
This sounds like playing the game for a less experienced player

Compare the Four Sword gimmick in 2D Zelda titles, multiple independent forces working together is a more extensive force than a connected unit, which is a larger hitbox

This sounds like playing the game for a less experienced player

Compare the Four Sword gimmick in 2D Zelda titles, multiple independent forces working together is a more extensive force than a connected unit, which is a larger hitbox
Not everyone that plays Terraria do it for the end game, Master Mode, Legendary Mode or the harder Special World Seeds
There is so many ways to play Terraria, and none is really wrong as long you have fun
wink.gif

But yes, Something like this would not be that great for a endgame Boss fights, like Empress of Light (in Day time)
It would be more on the fun side like the Flamingo mount, Golf Car or Pogo stick
^^

the context of the title
One Player transforming into a Centaur and another can then chose to be carried around on their Horse back
XD

Like this:
index.php

Not everyone that plays Terraria do it for the end game, Master Mode, Legendary Mode or the harder Special World Seeds
There is so many ways to play Terraria, and none is really wrong as long you have fun
wink.gif

But yes, Something like this would not be that great for a endgame Boss fights, like Empress of Light (in Day time)
It would be more on the fun side like the Flamingo mount, Golf Car or Pogo stick
^^

One Player transforming into a Centaur and another can then chose to be carried around on their Horse back
XD

Like this:
index.php
i know but still

Back
Top Bottom