Game Mechanics Right-click Ideas Megathread

Theo

Official Terrarian
right click.png
As you may know, you can use right-click for opening chests, reading signs and looking further with the sniper rifle. Well, why not utilize this to other items and functions? Let me give you some examples:

Alt-fire: Some (if not all) weapons could have an alternative way of striking/shooting. A wooden sword, for instance, it could operate as a normal broadsword with Left-click and as a shortsword with Right-click. The Terra Blade, it could be like Left-click to swing it and Right-click to shoot its beam.
Summoner utilization: With a summoning staff, while Left-click is used to summon/spawn the minions, Right-click could be used to change the minions' target. I know that many people have requested this, so this would be a most useful addition.
Hammers (by @Youfad): With the Left and Right clicks you would cycle through the clicked block's shapes, so that you won't have to go through each and every single of them.
Blocking (by @Pirtz): Some melee weapons could have a block feature when right-clicking. Imagine it mostly like the weapon appearing held perpendicuarly to what it would normally have been, making the character take somwhat less damage when it is held. It would be held for the same duration as the weapon's swing time.
Flails (by @WhiteWeasel): When using flails right click could be used to fling it (while it's already out) in the direction of aiming for more control and usefulness.
Charging Laser (by @4tehLolz): Right click to fill up the meter and then left clicking to shoot it continuously until the meter runs dry.
Homing Weapons (by @Gotcha!): Homing weapons like the Possessed Hatchet and Snowman Cannon could have their home ability overridden with the right mouse button, making it a dumb-fire shot.
Guns (by @Gotcha!): Rapid fire guns could double their fire rate at the cost of a ridiculous spread.
Charged Magic (by @Gotcha! and @TMB50): Charge up for some magic weapons, shooting more damaging projectiles (i.e. Right-clicking with Golden Shower would cause it to shoot a massive ball of Ichor which would deal a lot of damage and which would, instead of piercing, would break down into a lot of streams when it hits something).
Alt-firing swords (by @Gotcha!): Slower, but more damaging heavy strikes with swords.
Tossing bombs (by @Pirtz): Thrown explosives could be thrown without any momentum if using right click. This would allow for more controlled dynamiting and grenade airstrikes.
Boomerangs (by @SnailsAttack): Right Clicking with a boomerang while it is traveling could cause it to come back immediately, whereas if you held right click it would go farther, but slower and do 1/3 less damage.
Chlorophyte bullets (by @TMB50): Chlorophyte Bullets could, instead of behaving like other homing weapons, on right-click behave like minions would, which would prevent them from attacking unintended enemies (AKA: Hitting Flockos while trying to take down Ice Queens).

Feel free to suggest more uses for the Right-click! I will list them and add your name as credit. :)
Use that banner included in this spoiler below if you like those ideas!
A banner made by @darthmorf
right click.png

Copy and paste this to your signature:
Code:
[URL=http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/right-click-ideas-megathread.6587/#post-186723][IMG]http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?attachments/right-click-png.13649/[/IMG][/URL]

Last edited:
I had an idea just like this, but I didn't suggest it because of this...
Oh...
So, I will transform this into a whole new suggestion closely related to the previous one.

Well, this thread could be just for ideas for Right-click's utilization.

Last edited:
When using a hammer, right click could be the next form for a block, and left click could be the previous form. Just so you don't have to go through everything, every single time!
Good one, listing it on the main post...

Some melee weapons should have a block feature when right-clicking. I imagine it mostly like the weapon appearing held perpendicuarly to what it would normally have been, making the character take somwhat less damage when it is held. It should be held for the same duration as the weapon's swing time.

Some melee weapons should have a block feature when right-clicking. I imagine it mostly like the weapon appearing held perpendicuarly to what it would normally have been, making the character take somwhat less damage when it is held. It should be held for the same duration as the weapon's swing time.
Another good one. I'll add it to the list.

When using flails you can right click to fling it (while it's already out) in the direction your aiming for more control and usefulness.

Damn I wanna fire ma laser of xxx_swagness_xxx by right clicking to fill up da meter and then left clicking to shoot it continuously until the meter runs dry. Yeh dats a suggestion from meh!

Damn I wanna fire ma laser of xxx_swagness_xxx by right clicking to fill up da meter and then left clicking to shoot it continuously until the meter runs dry. Yeh dats a suggestion from meh!
I'll add that to the list tommorow.

Ok so that's legit! Yes xxx_swagness_xxx, someone finally respects you! Theomichallidis, the laser beam is your indebted friend!

Didn't I see this suggestion before? Oh well, doesn't matter.
I like it though. It'd probably be a lot of work for the devs (although not every item has to have an alt-fire ofcourse) and it does mean the scope accessories would need to lose their zoom in ability (annoying zoom when alt-firing, bad idea), but in my opinion it would be worth it. There are many items which I think would be twice as awesome with a nice alt-fire mode. :)
- Homing weapons like the Possessed Hatchet and Snowman Cannon could have their home ability overridden with the right mouse button, making it a dumb-fire shot.
- Rapid fire guns could double their fire rate at the cost of a ridiculous spread.
- Charge up for some magic weapons, shooting more damaging projectiles.
- Slower, but more damaging heavy strikes with swords. And so on.
solididea.gif

Didn't I see this suggestion before? Oh well, doesn't matter.
I like it though. It'd probably be a lot of work for the devs (although not every item has to have an alt-fire ofcourse) and it does mean the scope accessories would need to lose their zoom in ability (annoying zoom when alt-firing, bad idea), but in my opinion it would be worth it. There are many items which I think would be twice as awesome with a nice alt-fire mode. :)
- Homing weapons like the Possessed Hatchet and Snowman Cannon could have their home ability overridden with the right mouse button, making it a dumb-fire shot.
- Rapid fire guns could double their fire rate at the cost of a ridiculous spread.
- Charge up for some magic weapons, shooting more damaging projectiles.
- Slower, but more damaging heavy strikes with swords. And so on.
solididea.gif
Adding all of these ideas now!

Just got this idea: Thrown explosives should be thrown without any momentum if using right click. This would allow for more controlled dynamiting and grenade airstrikes.

i agree... i realy want more than just: *swing* *swing* *swing* in Terraria it would make the game more interesting... so you got my support!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom