tModLoader Risk of Slime Rain - Risk of Rain in Terraria

I would really appreciate it if you added a recipe (or something like that) for the items so that you know how to craft them.

This is one of those mods that adds OP items with the sake of making the game very challenging otherwise, I mean that's the point of Rouge Likes right?

Fargo's Mod does a similar number with it's Masochist mode items, so this mod might work well with Maso mode if your seeking more balance.
It works AMAZINGLY with maso mode.

You really need to have only 1-3 banners able to be dropped at a time, in a world we have racked up like 20 banners in one place while fighting the destroyer and there is no way of getting rid of them

I would really appreciate it if you added a recipe (or something like that) for the items so that you know how to craft them.
On it!
You really need to have only 1-3 banners able to be dropped at a time, in a world we have racked up like 20 banners in one place while fighting the destroyer and there is no way of getting rid of them
You'll be able to remove the banners in the future.

New Update

Version 0.3.1 is out now

Added:
+ Nullifier
Nullifier.png
- gives extra options when hovering over UI info.​
  • Guaranteed drop from Wall of Flesh, consumable.
  • Allows detaching mod items from the player for a price.
+ Warbanner Remover
WarbannerRemover.png
- allows removal of warbanners from the world.​
  • Guaranteed drop from Skeletron when at least one banner in the world is active, not consumable.
  • Will reset your kill count to previous state.
+ Colossus Painting - vanity furniture, buy one from your local Painter.​

Changes:
  • Warbanner no longer spawns its projectiles based on chance. It is now tied to a kill counter, with a guaranteed drop once the counter reaches 0.
  • Monster Tooth no longer gives health from body and tail parts of worms and similar enemies.
  • Taser now has an additional 0.1 proc chance multiplier when fighting bosses, meaning it would proc much rarer.
  • Travelling Merchant now sells Nullifier and Warbanner Remover with a 25% chance (after unlocking them).
Fixes:
  • Taser and Spikestrip no longer make some bosses stuck in one place.
  • UI info will now show proper boss item drop chance in multiplayer.

Attachments

• ColossusPaintingItem.png
    ColossusPaintingItem.png
    529 bytes · Views: 99
Is a mode that increases in difficulty over time planned? Thinking it could checkpoint at certain difficulty levels after bosses and go back to the last checkpointed difficulty when you die. Or it could just decrease by one difficulty level. It could probably help balance the items. There should also be an option to turn it off in config too. Would also like an option in config to make all the items have their original risk of rain stats. Eventually I would also like elites and artifacts to be added.

Is a mode that increases in difficulty over time planned? Thinking it could checkpoint at certain difficulty levels after bosses and go back to the last checkpointed difficulty when you die. Or it could just decrease by one difficulty level. It could probably help balance the items. There should also be an option to turn it off in config too. Would also like an option in config to make all the items have their original risk of rain stats. Eventually I would also like elites and artifacts to be added.
Yes, a world-specific RoR mode is planned. You could have a lot of fun with a hardcore character on an expert RoR world. ~:naughty:
But basically, there will be two modes for worlds - sandbox and RoSR. Sandbox is your casual Terraria experience, however the items from the mod will be weakened. RoSR will be time-based much like the original game, you won't be able to mine blocks outside some very specific circumstances, the mod items will be strengthened and casual equipment will have almost no effect on the player.

you won't be able to mine blocks outside some very specific circumstances, the mod items will be strengthened and casual equipment will have almost no effect on the player.

I am a bit iffy on this bit but as long as it is toggle able in config or something it is cool and good.

I am a bit iffy on this bit but as long as it is toggle able in config or something it is cool and good.
No, it won't be configurable. You will be given tools to traverse the world, but you won't have ultimate control over how mode operates.

Your sprites are pretty good but they dont match terraria sprite style.Remove the white part around it and it might look better.

This mod looks amazing! I'm excited for when everything is out. It's cool to see people add other games to terraria in this fashion.

Just wait for the ukuleles to be added in.

One really big balance change that really should be added that my server members and I are noticing is that there isnt a hard cap on certain items (such as with enough Dodge Scarfs you cant be hit by an boss or mob) also diminishing returns on stacks of all commons would be a Fair balance change

-Current Big Mods using this with:
Calamity
Thorium
Ancients Awakened

We added a cap for this and some other items in the latest update, but it won't affect currently "above limit" items already on the player, you have to manually decrease them via the config or nullifier.

Have you considered simply not having the items craftable?
I've played with this mod to calamity SCal a couple times now, and each time i've ended up with 1-4 of each of the common drops, and they have been an absolutely ludicrous power boost in themselves.
I didn't craft any extra, but if i did the game would have been a breeze.

Oh as of late ive been having a couple issues with massive lag spikes whenever the spawnrate is increased and a a player with gasoline kills an enemy as the gasoline effect ends up chaining into the entire ground being on fire with enemies instantly dying. Maybe this has something to do with how the particles from gasoline interact with the terraria code

Oh as of late ive been having a couple issues with massive lag spikes whenever the spawnrate is increased and a a player with gasoline kills an enemy as the gasoline effect ends up chaining into the entire ground being on fire with enemies instantly dying. Maybe this has something to do with how the particles from gasoline interact with the terraria code
Nothing in the gasoline code should cause multiplayer lag, the fire was also made to NOT chain to other NPCs, so this claim is false. I have tested heavily increased spawnrate + gasoline and it didn't lag my game neither in singleplayer nor in multiplayer. Can you test it with just cheatsheet, this mod and its dependency enabled?
Did you check your Graphics settings? Maybe it is the dust?

New Update

Version 0.3.1.2 is out now

Added:
+ Paul's Goat Hoof received visuals that activate after reaching a certain speed threshold.​
+ Bitter Root received visuals.​

Changes:
  • Paul's Goat Hoof: received speed increase was reduced from 0.2 per stack to 0.05 per stack.
  • Paul's Goat Hoof: initial speed bonus was reduced from 0.2 to 0.1.
  • Spikestrip no longer slows down bosses.
  • Warbanner: kill counter will NOT be decreased under these specific circumstances:
    • when killing Blue Slimes while the King Slime is alive;
    • when an invasion is in progress;
    • when an event is in progress;
  • Multiple Warbanners now heal as one, meaning standing in radii of multiple Warbanners will still heal you for only 1% of your max HP.
  • Warbanner will not spawn until you leave the area of effect of one.
Fixes:
  • RoSR items that have a max stack will prevent using these items once the maximum is reached.
  • Killing statue-spawned NPC will no longer activate Warbanner or Monster Tooth.

Your sprites are pretty good but they dont match terraria sprite style.Remove the white part around it and it might look better.
The outline will stay. There is a reason behind that.

One really big balance change that really should be added that my server members and I are noticing is that there isnt a hard cap on certain items (such as with enough Dodge Scarfs you cant be hit by an boss or mob) also diminishing returns on stacks of all commons would be a Fair balance change
Some items have soft or hard caps, however they weren't forced. We've fixed that.

Have you considered simply not having the items craftable?
I've played with this mod to calamity SCal a couple times now, and each time i've ended up with 1-4 of each of the common drops, and they have been an absolutely ludicrous power boost in themselves.
They are craftable because they won't be a huge boost once we significantly nerf them. Besides the boss drops, we haven't really implemented any other ways of receiving items. There is also a problem that once we nerf the items - and we will nerf them significantly for sandbox mode - players might not be as interested in them. For now, enjoy the OP nature of them!

I'd assume you are killing multiple enemies at once, thus spawning a load of fire projectiles? I'd recommend turning the Gasoline off for that reason. If it's someone else who uses it - ask them to turn it off when there are a lot of enemies. We will try to fix it somehow, but I can't give you any promises.

The warbanner is insanely broken in a not good way if you have more then 450 health like in my case I had 900 if it ever gets one tick of what ever it does to me I lose all the extra health and or it goes to 450. This I am hoping is not a intended thing as playing with a mod pack means the war banner is worse then useless it hurts you more then most bosses tend to do

Back
Top Bottom