Resolved Rune Wizard's contact damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark220v

Terrarian
Wiki says rune wizard's contact damage on expert is 400. i was wearing molten armor with some of accessories reforged to armored/warding. got around 38 defense.
However, rune wizard somehow did 401 damage to me. How is it possible?

Wiki says rune wizard's contact damage on expert is 400. i was wearing molten armor with some of accessories reforged to armored/warding. got around 38 defense.
However, rune wizard somehow did 401 damage to me. How is it possible?
He’s supposed to be able to deal high contact damage which is why his rune blasts deal less damage and only to deal 35% damage magically to players whereas for telefragging, he’ll either instantly kill you or deal insanely high damage to you.

He’s supposed to be able to deal high contact damage which is why his rune blasts deal less damage and only to deal 35% damage magically to players whereas for telefragging, he’ll either instantly kill you or deal insanely high damage to you.
this was not the question. question was how rune wizard one-shotted me, dealing 401 damage while i had ~38 defense and he was supposed to deal 400.

this was not the question. question was how rune wizard one-shotted me, dealing 401 damage while i had ~38 defense and he was supposed to deal 400.
All damage in the game varies but up to 15%, in either direction. This means that the Rune Wizard's contact damage can actually deal up to 460 damage (I know, it's really dumb).

Additionally, defense in Expert Mode only protects you from 75% of it's listed value, which means your 38 defense only protected you from 28 damage (this part's really dumb too, I wish it was mentioned to the player.)

Last edited:
All damage in the game varies but up to 15%, in either direction. This means that the Rune Wizard's contact damage can actually deal up to 460 damage (I know, it's really dumb).

Additionally, defense in Expert Mode only protects you from 75% of it's listed value, which means your 38 defense only protected you from 28 damage (this part's really dumb too, I wish it was mentioned to the player.)
Thanks a lot, this really helped. Knew that it was random, but didn't know it was in such a high range of 15%. Thought it was, like, 5%. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom