Sad times for a great game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmyswifey

Terrarian
You know I foujd Terraria and im so pleased to have found this little gem of a game. It just is a real bummer it appears SO many ruin it for themselves by duplicating things, I love everything I find literally and I wouldn't dare ruin it for myself by duplicating anything to gain whatever possible advantage.

I posted this as a bit of a rant but mainly to find like minded 'more than likely adults' who share the same thoughts on this and play together! my GT is FightnIrish87
Am 27yo glad to meet you

I totally agree. I hate going on a server to find people screaming "WHO WANTS A BAJILLION DIAMONDS" or just hacking/cheating in general. it completely ruins the game.

Well first things first, you're gonna have to re-adjust your veiws because more than likely some people dupe items because they find it hard to get them through normal means, this being said people that are impatiant to wait for 0.7% drop chances would ofcourse prefer to get the item by simpler methods, its mostly opinionated you think it ruins the game other people think it makes the game more enjoyable.

Just a thought c:
I for one dont like the idea of duping the items because i like to gain them by normal means.

If they find it more enjoyable to get gear that gives them advantage, I don't really see the problem. Grinding is probably not a thing for them if they go that far.

Personally speaking, after "finishing" the game a couple of times, I got bored with doing the same process of getting to hardmode so I either just speedrun myself to get good gear or just get equipment from an all items world.

Not a console player, just putting this here:

I guess you could say that I cheat, like for The Axe, I trashed 3 Clentaminators and a Terra Blade to get it, because I trade things that RNG hates me about, for things that I have a lot of. I beat Plantera 382 freaking times and never got it, so I just raged and did what I did. Make sense?

Last edited:
Meh, that is 6 platinum coins and a terra blade.... i guess thats better than strait up hacking it in

Not a console player, just putting this here:

I guess you could say that I cheat, like for The Axe, I trashed 3 Clentaminators and a Terra Blade to get it, because I trade things that RNG hates me about, for things that I have a lot of. I beat Plantera 38 freaking times and never got it, so I just raged and did what I did. Make sense?
Umm, it's a one in two hundred drop chance. I've killed over a hundred planteras and I'm not raging

I think it's fine. I always wanted to hack in items to test out builds/ make cool houses. We spent our 15 dollars on the game, we can do what we want with it as long as it's good with the terms and conditions.

Always expect cheats to exist. That's just how it's gonna be.

As for duplicating items in Terraria, I mean, what do you do? You've spent so long grinding for one goddamn item until you go "screw it" and hack it in.

Yea I see many of your points, always cheaters, some find cutting the chase out of hunting for items allows them to enjoy themselves quicker.

I accept all those views as valid and acceptable based on their own preference. However this game was made to be played in that grindy fashion so that we truly appreciated and felt accomplished and rewarded for our time spent in what they've laid out for us y'know.

I said it was a bit of a rant but 'and this is stereotypical thinking here' I would from my own opinion think children were doing these things without realizing that that 15 dollars goes wasted if you bypass it elements of struggle/reward/accomplishment just for a hardly earned item . Sure fun and cool at that moment but at some point it will be pointless.

However none of that matters if your having fun. Just my opinion your right. Which brought me to my real reason for posting, to find those like minded non game ruining 'my opinion' types that I know want the same things I do im this game so we can do it together :)

Call it weeding for the ones I actually want to associate with no disrespect intended to anyone for doing what they want with their time ;)
Add me fellow weeds!

As a mobile player, I have never duped any items I have not already obtained. If I want an adamantite war-axe, and I made 6 already and chucked them to friends, I am not going to go mine more so I can make another... Sue me. Also, I think cheating is perfect, as long as you don't use it on anything new. If you killed Plantera once with your friend, but you need to again and just can't, I would have no problem with giving myself a Terra Blade and slaughtering it, bearing in mind I will trash it the second it is dead. That being said, there is a difference between giving a Terra Blade and Full Dev, a Rod of Discord and 20k of every single magic weapons ingame with a drop chance lower then 10%. Just my 2 cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom