Mobile Same 2015 bug affecting my new LG V20 and older devices

Stoney Shibu

Terrarian
Before i rant . i cant drag or drop items in my inventory. Which means ill just be killing slimes and chopping trees for 5$.

So , it frustrates me , maybe i missed it, maybe i'm just crazy, but all of the forums ive seen , in 2015-2016, about this bug that makes the game virtually unplayable. Has gotten 0 responses. From any 505 support staff. Or any fix from fellow players. When i email them about this problem . they tell me im talking to the wrong peopl. "Go to the forums" they say.

Anyways. On the LG G3, on my old Galaxy note 5, and on my new LG V20,
I am not able to drag/drop any items in my inventory.

Please. Ive made this posts before and didnt get help. How do i fix this so i can play the damn game.

Before i rant . i cant drag or drop items in my inventory. Which means ill just be killing slimes and chopping trees for 5$.

So , it frustrates me , maybe i missed it, maybe i'm just crazy, but all of the forums ive seen , in 2015-2016, about this bug that makes the game virtually unplayable. Has gotten 0 responses. From any 505 support staff. Or any fix from fellow players. When i email them about this problem . they tell me im talking to the wrong peopl. "Go to the forums" they say.

Anyways. On the LG G3, on my old Galaxy note 5, and on my new LG V20,
I am not able to drag/drop any items in my inventory.

Please. Ive made this posts before and didnt get help. How do i fix this so i can play the damn game.
I'm not sure if this issue is specific to any one brand of device, although I do see more Android users affected by it than iOS users.

You might already know this, but I can't be sure, so I'll mention it. When you're in your inventory, you'll need to tap an item first, then tap and hold to drag it. If you try tapping and dragging first it might not work.

Also, if you're using the keyboard first (like if you create a character/world and type in the name) you might have issues with the left side of your hotbar. You should save and exit the game and then close the app completely (swipe it away or however your device does it). Then go back into the world, not using the keyboard this time (now that your character/world names have already been typed in).

I'm not sure what email you sent to, but you can open a support ticket with 505 Games directly. Sometimes they like to refer players to these forums for gameplay questions (like how do I craft Beetle Armor), but I would think for something technical like this that a support ticket would be valid. You'll need to create an account to open a ticket: https://support.505games.com/en/support/home

And, finally, you mentioned that you had made this post before - what username were you using when you posted?

As far as i know, any one of the updates Terraria recently had has made it impossible to drag or drop items from the inventory. From what ive quickly learned, you have to double tap that item and on that 2nd tap, hold it and drag it where ever you want it. Basically what Unit One said.

Although, there will be times when even doing that wont work. When that happens, select another item and return and see if that works. This problem also haunted me on my Zte Awe N800, Lg G3, Lg Stylo 2 Plus, and my Motorola Droid Turbo. But quickly figuring this out and adapting to it has made my gameplay alot easier.

Fixing it is up to the updates that will be rolling out so just adapt to it as best as you can. The game still plays pretty well. Now calling this Bug a gamebreaker is over exagerating (dont know if i spelled that correctly) just more of an annoyance than anything.

I've had lots of trouble dragging and dropping items, but with my Android Samsung S7, apparently you have to tap harder/longer to pick up an item. But after about 2 seconds, if you don't pick up the item, then move your finger positioning on the screen until the item is picked up.

I have had similar problems. Some devices can't handle some of the game's input forms properly. My phone has issues, my lenovo tablet doesn't. Tho i will point out one thing, i have a different game (minecraft) on both devices as well and can't easily use the break input (Hold in one spot) on my phone. Terraria uses a similar action. But i also have touch display feedback so i figured out why, the screen doesn't see me holding a steady point, it shakes over the held point. (Look up "mobile developer settings" to find the touch display feedback setting..be careful what you mess with tho!)

Back
Top Bottom