Biomes & Nature Jungle Saved!

Do you want the jungle to be protected?

• Yes! I only want my jungle to be protected from the corruption, none of that cross-biome nonsense.

Votes: 1,185 58.8%
  • Yes! I want the jungle to fuse with the spirits of light and dark. (Comment on what you want added.)

Votes: 628 31.2%
  • No! I love watching the jungle wither away to become a corrupt wasteland that can never be restored.

Votes: 68 3.4%
  • Uh… I don’t really care… Am I supposed to?

Votes: 135 6.7%

• Total voters
Yeah, that's what I meant. The altars themselves don't produce infections.

Speaking of altars, I do have to say that the distinct lack of them in Crimson is extremely irritating. There aren't nearly as many spots for them to go in Crimson as there are in Corruption.
there isn't as much room in the crimson for them. that is why.

there isn't as much room in the crimson for them. that is why.
Yes, the corrupt chasms have so much space in those horizontal hallways that demon altars spawn very commonly. You'd think crimson altars would spawn in those huge chambers, but they dont seem to very often...

They don't spawn in those huge chambers as much as they spawn in and on top of the tunnels leading down to them.

No. But come up with three or more actually convincing enemies for Crimson Jungle, Corrupted Jungle, and Hallowed Jungle, and I might change my mind. :dryadhappy:

alright.

Corruption
Burning Bulb: Appears as a transparent closed flower bulb clinging to walls with green cursed flames boiling within. Will shoot bouncing cursed flame fireballs at players. Explodes into 2-3 fireballs upon death. Inflicts a cursed flames debuff with its attack, fireballs from its death inflict a much longer debuff.
Drops cursed flames
Drops a rare crafting ingredient which, when crafted with boss souls or another appropriately tiered material, creates a summon item which allows one to summon a Cursed Bulb in the same vein as the Queen Spider Staff and the Staff of the Frost Hydra. It behaves like a Cursed Blub, except against enemies. Expires on its own after a minute or so, releasing the death fireballs.

Crimson
Bloodvine: appears as red, thorny vine planted on blocks or maybe a backwall, with a large ichor-stained spike on the end. Stays fairly coiled most of the time until a player comes within range, then it attempts to stab forward with the spike, dealing lots of damage and an obvious ichor debuff. Contact deals additional damage of course.
Drops ichor
Drops a rare crafting ingredient which, when crafted with boss souls or another appropriately tiered material, creates a summon item that summons bloodvine minions. These minions are basically the spike head connected to the player by a thin red vine, and they attack enemies by stabbing with their spikes.

Hallow
Crystal Spider: appears as a multicolored....crystal spider. The legs especially look like single crystals. Moves at a very fast pace attempting to stay out of melee range of players while occasionally charging them. This is because it leaves a trail of "crystal web" behind it, which lasts for several seconds, dealing damage on contact. The spider itself deals mild contact damage, but inflicts a bleeding debuff.
Drops crystal shards(?)
Drops a crafting ingredient rarely/uncommonly which, when crafted with a boss drop or common materials (depending on how much damage it does) creates an accessory/armor set that mimics the crystal web effect.

Yeah post in this thread and save a little sapling !
Pet_Sapling.png

I loooove the Jungle and i protected mine with Tedit by adding a thin hallow around it.
I didnt even felt like cheating i never understood why the Jungle was vulnerable to corruption :rolleyes:

Idk if someone already said this, but... How about not only is jungle immune to spread of corruption, but it also can't spawn near the corruption?
I don't mind if the (dark biome) spawns near the jungle, personally, as long as I can make a hellevator before hardmode to separate the two. It's nice to be able to build my home at the edge of the jungle where it meets the dark biome and then get to walk either way for whatever biome-specific materials I need/want.

I absolutely don't like when THIS happens, though:
Ia gree, make jungle inmune please...almost all of my worlds spawn like this: jungle- corruption- jungle : and it's very frustrating!

When you get THAT, the Jungle is essentially doomed unless you take a clentaminator down there asap. And who's gonna have a clentaminator right off the bat without cheating?

I don't mind if the (dark biome) spawns near the jungle, personally, as long as I can make a hellevator before hardmode to separate the two. It's nice to be able to build my home at the edge of the jungle where it meets the dark biome and then get to walk either way for whatever biome-specific materials I need/want.

I absolutely don't like when THIS happens, though:

When you get THAT, the Jungle is essentially doomed unless you take a clentaminator down there asap. And who's gonna have a clentaminator right off the bat without cheating?

Luckily, I play this new worlds for building using my end game char, so i have the clentaminator already...

I think thats kinda what i meant, and yes i agree that is the most annoying thing ever.

I think thats kinda what i meant, and yes i agree that is the most annoying thing ever.
Yeah, I actually already mentioned (don't remember if it was in this thread or the TO thread) that Corruption really shouldn't be allowed to generate on top of the jungle. Next to it, sure, but not on top of it.

I support this on the 'The jungle is valuable' part, but I don't think it should be a cross biome, or given ultimate protection. Perhaps the corruption/crimson CAN still spread to the jungle, but it goes ridiculously slow. There. My genus (I couldn't even type that word with a straight face) idea

Once hardmode it activated, it is your characters job to keep your world at balence and stop spreads. The NPCs even talk to you about the biomes starting to change and stuff and most of them are counting on you completely, so you are the one who has to save the jungle, not let the jungle save it's self because you are the hero in your own world.

Once hardmode it activated, it is your characters job to keep your world at balence and stop spreads. The NPCs even talk to you about the biomes starting to change and stuff and most of them are counting on you completely, so you are the one who has to save the jungle, not let the jungle save it's self because you are the hero in your own world.
But terraria isn't about saving the world or being the hero, it's about doing whatever you want to do. Terraria has no story except the ones you come up with, no objectives except the ones you set for yourself, and no responsibilities except the ones you feel you are responsible for. The player shouldn't have to defend the jungle from anything, because that's not the kind of game terraria is.

But terraria isn't about saving the world or being the hero, it's about doing whatever you want to do. Terraria has no story except the ones you come up with, no objectives except the ones you set for yourself, and no responsibilities except the ones you feel you are responsible for. The player shouldn't have to defend the jungle from anything, because that's not the kind of game terraria is.
This, this so much.

Back
Top Bottom