PS4 Saved data disappeared

Moe

Terrarian
On PS4 console and my kid's Character Saves disappeared.
While trying to save the game there was an error and when he came back in there were no characters or worlds where he had 4 worlds and 2 characters.

These were all saved on Terraria's servers. Odd that they could disappear with a client side error.

Is there a process for retrieving the missing saves?

On PS4 console and my kid's Character Saves disappeared.
While trying to save the game there was an error and when he came back in there were no characters or worlds where he had 4 worlds and 2 characters.

These were all saved on Terraria's servers. Odd that they could disappear with a client side error.

Is there a process for retrieving the missing saves?
Hi there @Moe, sorry to hear about the missing game files. We're they on the local drive, or on PS4's cloud? Terraria doesn't have any servers to save data.

If an error happened while trying to save it sounds like something went wrong, and unless you have a backup of those files on a USB they aren't going to be retrievable. It's always a good idea to keep a backup of any file (game files or just all computer files that are important) for unseen events like this.

I'm sorry I don't have better news for you. However, the PS4 version of Terraria will be getting a huge update soon in which a lot of players would choose to start new worlds and characters in order to experience all that the new update has.

Had a similar situation only this time the players and all worlds on a specific user got wiped directly after I had updated to the journeys end update on ps4 can this be fixed at all?

Back
Top Bottom