Xbox One Saving issues and UI problems

Rev_Rez

Terrarian
I've submitted this as a bug report, but hoping someone has some insight here.

My kids and I have recently picked up Terraria again (haven't played since the big update) and are finding there are a lot of issues - the main show stopper is that we end up with the game in a state where the saving flower icon is always spinning, and when that happens it just locks up when anyone goes to Save & Quit, all progress since last save being lost. It seems to happen every time we play now, so we're effectively not able to play the game and save progress any more.

We have an original Xbox One, and it should have any updates for the system and Terraria applied. It's a 500 GB model, with an external 2 TB HD. Terraria has been on the system since before we added the 2 TB external, so I don't know that it would have anything to do with that - regardless, all of the many other games that have been installed on the 2TB external since it was added work fine.

The other issue is that we've noticed that when someone goes into the menu their controls are suddenly affected by actions on other controllers. I.e., if I'm trying to craft something and someone else is mining it'll randomly cause the crafting menu to switch around or swap menus.

Edit: Oh - and the link on the bug submission page at the end for 'return to forums.terraria.org' actually ends up going to a steam page for How To Survive 2...

I've submitted this as a bug report, but hoping someone has some insight here.

My kids and I have recently picked up Terraria again (haven't played since the big update) and are finding there are a lot of issues - the main show stopper is that we end up with the game in a state where the saving flower icon is always spinning, and when that happens it just locks up when anyone goes to Save & Quit, all progress since last save being lost. It seems to happen every time we play now, so we're effectively not able to play the game and save progress any more.

We have an original Xbox One, and it should have any updates for the system and Terraria applied. It's a 500 GB model, with an external 2 TB HD. Terraria has been on the system since before we added the 2 TB external, so I don't know that it would have anything to do with that - regardless, all of the many other games that have been installed on the 2TB external since it was added work fine.

The other issue is that we've noticed that when someone goes into the menu their controls are suddenly affected by actions on other controllers. I.e., if I'm trying to craft something and someone else is mining it'll randomly cause the crafting menu to switch around or swap menus.

Edit: Oh - and the link on the bug submission page at the end for 'return to forums.terraria.org' actually ends up going to a steam page for How To Survive 2...
Hi there @Rev_Rez, there were some fixes to multiplayer save issues in the last patch, but it sounds like there are still some issues to get through. The spinning flower and then locking up, especially when no progress get saved sounds really frustrating. I'm sorry that I don't have any workarounds for you to try. Hopefully other members that are experiencing this can chime in on what is working for them.

The other player's actions on their controllers affecting your screen is a new one that I haven't heard of. It's great that you've already sent this in using the bug report form. For others that stop by and read this, here is where you can send bugs directly to the developers: https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/form15/index.html

Thanks for the info about the link on the bug submission page. I'll pass it along.

Back
Top Bottom