Game Mechanics Secret World Seed dissection & Toggles for their features

Among the spoilers for 1.4.5 is an expansion to the Create World menu & the ability to choose which secret seeds are thrown into the world before generating it. While it's yet to be implemented yet, I suggest for that ability to be made more granular so that we can pick and choose which individual features from certain seeds are enabled in the world. An example use case would be to start with double evil biomes so that you don't need to import it from another world & terraform or deal with the rest of the Drunk seed's shenanigans.

What I mean by "Features" are mechanics exclusive to those secret seeds. Examples:
- Hunger & dying in darkness from The Constant
- Spawning in the Underworld due to Don't Dig Up
- Starting with an NPC other than the Guide
- Different loot pools
- Different world gen (i.e. from Not the Bees, No Traps, & Drunk)
- Different music tracks
- Different AI (i.e. from Legendary mode)

This would let us really tailor our worlds to our tastes. It'd let us mix and match them better too. One could say that it's excessive for the Create World UI however, so at the very least I suggest adding options in the .wld files that let us toggle features with programs like TEdit. If it does make it into the UI, then I also recommend signposting it with a warning that this section is for advanced uses only, and that silly things will come from messing around there.

Wanna die from darkness but not have to eat? Wanna spawn with the Demolitionist on Not the Bees for easy Beenades? Wanna try GetFixedBoi without any of the tweaks that hold the combination together? Now you can with our patented Secret Seed Dissector! Seeds sold freely

Last edited:
These suggestions need to have the "Secret World Seed" Prefix

The Seed is a bit generic, but the part of differents loot pools sounds interesting

I'm not suggesting new secret seeds. Rather, I'm suggesting toggles or UI options for individual features of the existing secret seeds, hence the game mechanics tag. I'll amend the thread title to use Secret World Seed, though, just in case.

Edit: Made title even clearer for people scrolling through the forums

Last edited:
I liked the idea.
I wish it were even more specific.
By this I mean being able to play with the hunger mechanic, but without the rest of The Constant mechanics, for example.
I guess I didn't communicate it that well - flags for individual features is what I meant, if this suggestion gets looked over. I've been wanting to play a double evil world with hunger for awhile now, but didn't really want to bother fussing with Drunk world shenanigans and/or importing the other Evil before the playthrough starts since I'd have to spoil the map for me. I can handle the Constant but am not really a fan, hunger aside.

Classic difficulty Mechdusa would be silly
True, but that'd kinda be the point if you chose that config. I guess there should be a warning that these settings are for advanced use only & that something silly could come out of mucking around, should they be added to the UI.

Edit: Post amended. Hopefully what I mean is clearer now.

Last edited:
One could say that it's excessive for the Create World UI however, so at the very least I suggest adding options in the .wld files that let us toggle features with programs like TEdit. If it does make it into the UI, then I also recommend signposting it with a warning that this section is for advanced uses only, and that silly things will come from messing around there.
I'd rather have this than an expanded world creation that lets you pick and choose from the enormous list of options secret seeds contain. This is a better way to achieve it.

Back
Top Bottom