Seeking wall of flesh tips (Pre-Hard Mode)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinyl_Scratch

Terrarian
So here's the deal, I am in Pre-Hard Mode and the Only boss I have left to fight (as far as i know) in it is the WOF. which has kicked my Flank a few times already. I probably need to make my bridge longer (and remove a few buildings). But I would like some suggestions on how to make the WOF a lot less painless a fight so to speak

Jungle/Meteor Armor, Water Bolt, Mana Flower + Mana Potion(20~30), obsidian skin potion or lava waders and you are good to go. Just keep well ahead of the wall and shoot at a nearly vertical angle in the direction of the wall.

Never fails me.

Using potions? I always go for a bare minimum of Ironskin, Regeneration, and Well-Fed. If you're using Freenight's approach, I recommend Magic Power as well.

A harpoon can really come in handy while fighting WoF (once all of the Hungry have been defeated) since it dishes out up to 5 hits per second (maybe 6) at point blank range and has a base damage of 27. As for the Hungry things and the leeches, minishark or space gun + meteor armor is a standard.
Ironskin is a very important buff and any items with Warding can come in handy (5 slots with Warding reduce all incoming damage by 10, actually 14 when stacked with ironskin).
You obviously need a lot of free space and platforms (even if you have obsidian skin potions, the lava slows you down enough to get massive damage from wall of flesh). You should also jump a lot (lightning/spectre boots are perfect for this).
Grenades work against the Hungry as well, they deal lots of damage with their decent AoE.

What particular armor ya' using? And weapons of choice? The weapons and armor I'd recommend are based on whatever play-style you went for. (Dark Lance for melee, for one.)

In general, you'll probably want a bigger bridge, either a straight line or +/- one block at a time (no jumping!), that expands across several screen-lengths. And aye, you'll want to clear out (or make a clean tunnel through) any buildings.

Some buffs I'd recommend are Ironskin, Regeneration, Well Fed and Swiftness to begin with; along with Endurance, Heartreach, Lifeforce and Wrath/Rage potions if you fish often. If Lava's a problem, then Obsidian Skin might be worth looking into as well. Lastly, if maneuvering proves to be a big problem, it never hurts to practice with and learn the in's-and-out's of a Gravity Potion. :0

Demon Scythe or Molten Fury + Unholy arrows decimates (I'm using that term appropriately) the WoF if you decide to get up close and shoot up to hit all three parts of the boss at once. Night's Edge is good at taking down the Hungry at first instances.

In terms of 'Run-and-Gun', Phoenix Blaster works well enough while running backwards. You could either use the first weapons I listed above, get real close and risky to end it quick. Or, you simply maintain enough distance for the Wall of Flesh to do little damage and shoot with the Phoenix Blaster.

It might help if i added what equipment i was using no? (I cannot belie i forgot to do that) Anyways I have a full set of Cobalt armor (the ore was gifted to me so to speak my a friend on a live stream) I have a Sharp Orichalum Sword. I also have a Mini shark with a lot of silver bullets Oh and I have a Demonic Magic Missile (I have the cobalt tools too but i doubt they'd be useful in a fight lol)

It might help if i added what equipment i was using no? (I cannot belie i forgot to do that) Anyways I have a full set of Cobalt armor (the ore was gifted to me so to speak my a friend on a live stream) I have a Sharp Orichalum Sword. I also have a Mini shark with a lot of silver bullets Oh and I have a Demonic Magic Missile (I have the cobalt tools too but i doubt they'd be useful in a fight lol)

Hm, Cobalt Armor... Should be good enough for the WoF. The weapons I see are a sword, a minishark and a single-target magic item.

I'd recommend swapping out the Silver Bullets for, say, Meteor Shots; and ya' probably wouldn't want to rely on a sword so much for the WoF fight (don't wanna' be too close), except maybe to clear any enemies in your way, or to fend off The Hungry. I'd recommend a Dark Lance and/or Sunfury if y'wanna do this melee style. As for magic, Magic Missile ain't bad, buuut I'd recommend Demon Scythe for the fight, since I usually use Magic Missile to kill a single enemy, and Demon Scythe is both powerful and piercing. :0

Another tip is combining 2 molten furrys and hellstone bars then get A TON OF WOOD ARROWS

I would Get Molten armor, a Minishark with Musket/Silver/Meteor bullets, a Sunfury, a Night's Edge, Lava Waders, Ironskin, Rage, Regen, Wrath, and Endurance Potions.

Little iffy on the Starfury, but Meteor shots: you combine Meteorite Bars with musket balls at an anvil. I think it's... 70 musket balls and 1 bar per 70 shots?

I think it depends on what class you are playing as:
Melee (Warrior): Gear: -Night's Edge, Starfury, Dark Lance, Sunfury, Molten Armor
Accessories: Cobalt Shield, Feral Claws, Obsidian Skull, Hermes Boots, Rocket Boots
Ranged (Ranger): Gear: Molten Fury, Mini Shark, Necro Armor, Star Cannon
Accessories: Same as Melee, but replace feral claws with Panic Necklace
Magical (Mage/Wizard): Gear: Waterbolt , Demon Scythe, Book of Skulls, Space Gun, Meteor Armor( if you dont have mana flower)/ Jungle Armor (if you have mana flower)
Accessories: Mana Flower/Band of StarPower, Lightning Boots, Panic necklace, Cloud in a Bottle, Accessory of your choice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom