Weapons & Equip Separation of Magma Skull and Molten Charm

MrD108

Official Terrarian
Since 1.4.4, I've been annoyed that when I have the Obsidian Skull and Lava Charm in my inventory, I'm shown recipes for two different accessories that do the exact same thing.
I won't suggest removing them because Magma Skull is too classic and Molten Charm has a nice vanity effect.
Therefore, I propose modifying the Molten Charm recipe by adding an accessory to it that should not affect its appearance, and here I will suggest the Cross Necklace, thanks to which Molten Charm will retain its appearance, and will additionally increase the intervals between damage received by lava.

So the final recipes for Molten Charm will be:
• Obsidian Skull + Lava Charm + Cross Necklace
• Magma Skull + Cross Necklace

After this change, Molten Charm will no longer be one of the possible elements of Lava Waders, these functions will still be performed by the unchanged Magma Skull.
Molten Charm can receive its own upgrade by combining it with Arctic Diving Gear to create Extreme Diving Gear.

Last edited:
How would this work with the recipe for Lava Waders? Would the Lava Waders also require the Cross Necklace now, too?

How would this work with the recipe for Lava Waders? Would the Lava Waders also require the Cross Necklace now, too?
Here's what the Magma Skull and Molten Charm recipes currently look like.
1000098193.jpg

My idea in this thread is to separate these two accessories into two different ones by adding the Cross Necklace to the Molten Charm recipe. After this change, Molten Charm will no longer be one of the possible elements of Lava Waders, these functions will still be performed by the unchanged Magma Skull.
Molten Charm can receive its own upgrade by combining it with Arctic Diving Gear to create Extreme Diving Gear.

Since version 1.4.4.8, Molten Charm has a vanity appearance (like Magma Skull), which is why I prefer to add something to its recipe rather than remove it.
1000098323.jpg

Back
Top Bottom