1. Encountering issues with the Localization/Translations with 1.3.5? Please report them via the section linked below so that we can account for all of them and have them addressed. Thanks! Localization Bugs & Issues Section

Console Shark statue found

Discussion in 'Console General Talk' started by r4v1n6, Sep 4, 2016.

1. r4v1n6

r4v1n6 Official Terrarian

I decided to raid another jungle temple for traps, so I generated a new world with the latest update. On my way to the temple I found this:
    20160904_201606.jpg 20160904_201640.jpg
    Behold the elusive Shark statue! :eek: Has anyone else found one yet, or am I first?

ecavalli likes this.
  2. Enderwither02

Enderwither02 Skeletron Prime

I love how it's white rarity, yet it's rarer than the Enchanted Sword on Console.

3. Oleg34518

Oleg34518 Official Terrarian

It seems you're first, this may mean that they fixed their spawning.

XoArK likes this.
  4. Unit One

Unit One Moderator Staff Member Moderator

What a sight for sore eyes. Nice job!

r4v1n6 likes this.
  5. Enderwither02

I actually forgot it existed in Console until this post.

6. r4v1n6

It was rare only because of a bug with world gen. On PC 1.2.4.1 it wasn't uncommon (now it's harder to find in 1.3).
    I didn't know they fixed this bug. Makes me really want to read the full changelog...

ecavalli likes this.
  7. r4v1n6

OMG Found 2 more. Same world, same jungle.
    20160904_222334.jpg 20160904_222741.jpg

Unit One likes this.
  8. Enderwither02

As @Oleg34518 said, they probably fixed the spawning.

Oleg34518 likes this.
  9. Monodon

Monodon Terrarian

Didn't know it was rare. Found one two days ago in the jungle.

r4v1n6 likes this.
  10. Pigloony

Pigloony Terrarian

I thought that shark statue was only in pc like other unique statues
    I probably have come acrossed one before but I never pick up statues anyway, except useful ones

11. r4v1n6

The Shark statue were added in the 1.06 update, but due to a bug with world generation it was unobtainable by any legal means. That bug has now been fixed. Perhaps fixed too good as I have found quite a few statues (12 in 4 newly generated worlds). On PC 1.2.4.1 the Shark statue weren't uncommon either, but not THAT common.
    As for their usefulness, I plan to use a Shark statue instead of a Crab statue to make an Invulnerability Machine in my Horseman's blade Arena. It might work better.

Flame Traps seems to have become uncommon though, I have found 5 traps in 4 worlds.

XoArK likes this.
  12. man of flames

man of flames Cultist

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy every thing is better now, or is it? (dun dun daaaaaa!)

ecavalli likes this.
  13. r4v1n6

Sometimes when fixing one thing, something else breaks. The codebase for console Terraria must be a sorry mess.
    Two steps forward one step back seems to be the order of the day.

14. man of flames

man of flames Cultist

it`s true its always one step forward and one step back

15. ChrisCRS

ChrisCRS Terrarian

I keep finding these too and found them mostly useless and trashed them. so far I found 2, one in snow, one in jungle on a mostly pristine map. so yea they seem to spawn a lot.

16. Enderwither02

Shark Statues are not actually useless if used right - they can rack up quite a few Shark Fins, and the occasional Diving Helmet, as well as being a great candidate for a Horseman's Blade pumpkin spawner.

17. ChrisCRS

ChrisCRS Terrarian

See I went and threw them away and needed that diving helmet.

18. Enderwither02

It happens. Well, I guess Ocean farming is your best bet at this point, unless you find another statue.

19. GrimlyGamer

GrimlyGamer Terrarian

No I am not lying, I swear on my Xbox, but I have found THREE shark statues in my ranger world! I currently don't have a picture but I will get one.

20. Enderwither02

They foxed the spawning the statues - now they've been everywhere.