Should the Destroyer be Replaced with a Mechanical Version of the BoC on Crimson Worlds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lecic

Steampunker
This isn't a suggestion.

Considering how the Destroyer is a hardmode version of the EoW, it's always felt a little odd to me when you fight the Destroyer on a Crimson world, despite there being no EoW in the first place.

So, I'd like to bring up a topic for discussion. SHOULD there be a mechanical version of the BoC on Crimson worlds, and if so, what would it be useful for?

Yes, there should be a Mech BoC. Same as the destroyer as far as purpose.

I don't think this needs to be discussed outside of a suggestion.

yes, there should be.

In fact, there may be one in 1.3 because they are expanding the crimson.

honestly don't think the mechs should be replaced as it would add a counterpart that would make the mega shark and light disks the signature rewards for the Destroyer. Maga shark in particular is pretty important and should not be touched...

additionally a new mech requires a new soul so we would need a different "ight"

I dunno. While a mechanical BoC would be cool, I always found the Destroyer a unique boss on Crimson Worlds, because there wasn't a EoW for it to be copied from.

Yes, that would be cool. Only problem would be that for a solo melee user it could get pretty hard to defeat any of the mech bosses (Against the Destroyer you can use the Dao of Pow). Oh, and unlike what others in this thread have said, I do not think the Soul of Might should be replaced. Unlike, for example, Rotten Chunks there isn't anything in the item itself that reminds me about the Corruption, so the only real thing you'd have to do is to make it so that in a Crimson world the tooltip would say "The essence of the ['Mech Brain' or whatever]" instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom