x15,
Tin_Bar.png
/
Copper_Bar.png
x8,
Wood.png
x20
@ an Anvil

The skyhook is a new item crafted with 15 iron/lead, 8 copper/tin, and 20 wood an an iron anvil. If you've ever played the game Bioshock Infinite, you'll know the basics of how it works.

You only need to watch it for the first 40 or so seconds
Warning : Violent content after the 1:00 mark.

So how it works is if you left-click in the general direction of some minecart rails that are elevated at least 3 blocks above the ground, you will be launched towards them, upon which you will be latched on.

Once latched on, you can accelerate left or right (up to 55 mPH!), or leap off by left-clicking. When you leap off, you will automatically latch on to any rails you connect with.

You can also deal contact damage upon hitting enemies while either riding the sky rail or jumping off and hitting an enemy. The damage you do is equal to your defense.

Basically everything you can do that is shown in the video.

Anyways, I hope you like the sprite I made and enjoy this ode to the amazing game that is Bioshock Infinite!

Last edited:
Bought all the Bioshock games, haven't even finished the first yet.

Can I assume this would be a minecart replacement, and not a separate tool?

Bought all the Bioshock games, haven't even finished the first yet.

Can I assume this would be a minecart replacement, and not a separate tool?
It's not really a replacement, it's more like a more agile alternate to the minecart, since with this thing you can leap all around and launch yourself off the rails.

Also, YOU GOTTA PLAY BIOSHOCKKKK!!

What? Don`t like having options?
I basically have no idea how you extrapolated that from my post.

It's not really a replacement, it's more like a more agile alternate to the minecart, since with this thing you can leap all around and launch yourself off the rails.

Also, YOU GOTTA PLAY BIOSHOCKKKK!!
I've gotten past the Farmer's Market- it's taking me a while since I tend to play these games in chunks. And because there's a steam sale and I bought a bunch of other games.

this looks like an interesting concept.there should be a mechanical version that lets you go from one end of the world to the other in like, 5 seconds on a large world.

not really, it'd only be useful for travel.
But wouldn't it be so fast you really couldn't control it?
If it look literally 5 seconds to get from one edge of a large world to the other, like you suggested, that would be 22909.091 mph. (Just over 254x Normal Max Speed of a player, and just over 199x the fastest speed of the Mechanical Cart.)
If you reduce it to, say 10 seconds, you'd be at 1145.455 mph. (Just over 12x Normal Max Speed, and over 9X faster than the fastest speed of the Mechanical Cart)
Do you see what I'm getting at?
Your idea calls for speed WAY more than 100x the fastest possible speed in the game.
I mean, I'm just saying.

That is WAAAAAAAAY too OP! It doesn`t even go that fast in Bioshock! It`s a Moterized hook not a Supercar!

Yeah.

I don't see how it'd be overpowered if you can ONLY TRAVEL WITH IT! that basically makes it a glorified minecart. and the 5 seconds was an exaggeration. im very famillar with the laf it would cause. still, a faster version of it would be interesting.

I don't see how it'd be overpowered if you can ONLY TRAVEL WITH IT! that basically makes it a glorified minecart. and the 5 seconds was an exaggeration. im very famillar with the laf it would cause. still, a faster version of it would be interesting.
I don't see how your point is made by USING CAPS LOCK! (.)

First of all, this isn't speech- if you say five seconds we assume you mean five seconds. Using ambiguous verbal expressions just causes confusion via text.

Second of all, it may not be overpowered (teleporters) but it's still completely outside of the Minecart's niche. If I WANT to travel from this end of the world to the other in 'five' seconds, then I'll use a teleporter and poof. I use the Minecart when I need to stop somewhere along the way. Adding a Minecart that sends you there fast enough that you can't effectively control your dismount location would be almost antithetical to the point of a minecart.

Not to mention we have the Mechanical Cart, which goes at 102 MPH, which is more than enough for a 'faster minecart'.

It would be cool if it could double as a Melee weapon like in Bioshock infinite. Maybe A Melee damage buff would work instead?

I don't see how your point is made by USING CAPS LOCK! (.)

First of all, this isn't speech- if you say five seconds we assume you mean five seconds. Using ambiguous verbal expressions just causes confusion via text.

Second of all, it may not be overpowered (teleporters) but it's still completely outside of the Minecart's niche. If I WANT to travel from this end of the world to the other in 'five' seconds, then I'll use a teleporter and poof. I use the Minecart when I need to stop somewhere along the way. Adding a Minecart that sends you there fast enough that you can't effectively control your dismount location would be almost antithetical to the point of a minecart.

Not to mention we have the Mechanical Cart, which goes at 102 MPH, which is more than enough for a 'faster minecart'.
I wasn't trying to make a point by "USING CAPS LOCK" I only use caps for emphasis. I understand that its hard to tell is someone is exaggerating or being sarcastic through text. those things really need their own phonts. its funny you should mention teleporters. if instant travel through your world isn't deemed "op" then why is a slower for of travel deemed "op"? itd look cooler, with an after image type thing. maybe it could be slightly fatser, slower, or that same speed as the mech cart, but an upgraded form of this would be fun, and useful.

Back
Top Bottom