Weapons & Equip Slime Armor

Nice Suggestions, by the way. I just felt that since he officially has an expert mode drop, he should be more involved. What do you think?
I would love for him to be to Terraria what Queen Bee is: an optional boss, unless you're a summoner!
The idea of an armor set that requires you to have one of his drops (The Solidifier) is a good one. Heck, I'd like it if he dropped the Slime Staff, too, and we replace the first summoner staff with something else we can craft (Antlion Sentry staff, maybe?), and replace the current "Status Symbol" slime staff with.. like... a Pinky Staff or something. :v

Well, king slime was more of a miniboss. He's a boss that wasn't mandatory to finish the game, just a fun little side thing. But with 1.3 out and he's got new AI along with new attacks and new drops, (including the expert mode drop) I felt he wasn't involved enough with the game and I wanted something else. Get it now?
Yes thank you :p

I would love for him to be to Terraria what Queen Bee is: an optional boss, unless you're a summoner!
The idea of an armor set that requires you to have one of his drops (The Solidifier) is a good one. Heck, I'd like it if he dropped the Slime Staff, too, and we replace the first summoner staff with something else we can craft (Antlion Sentry staff, maybe?), and replace the current "Status Symbol" slime staff with.. like... a Pinky Staff or something. :v
What about a slime turret? Looks like a Mother slime, but blue when you place it, and it shoots slime balls? (OK i'll save this for another thread) but yeah

What about a slimne turret? Looks like a Mother slime, but blue when you place it, and it shoots slime balls? (OK i'll save this for another thread) but yeah
Change that to a spike blue slime and you got something going! Hey! Maybe with the king armor becuase ppl hate the expert bit it includes this as a sentry kinda like the final summoner set?!
[DOUBLEPOST=1438902746,1438902670][/DOUBLEPOST]A
Change that to a spike blue slime and you got something going! Hey! Maybe with the king armor becuase ppl hate the expert bit it includes this as a sentry kinda like the final summoner set?!
Also the pinky blocks were a community suggestion and the suggester also suggested a pinky slime staff
[DOUBLEPOST=1438902809][/DOUBLEPOST]I meant to quote slime girl...

Oh, if you're going the route of Slime armor that gives you a turret minion similar to Stardust, I designed just that a few weeks ago in a summoner thread. xD
68c36755a6.png

It was a very low-defense set (3 total. :v) that gave small minion damage bonuses (One of was -10% knockback which helps slimes hit more often) and the set bonus was the baby spiked slime turret minion. xD

Oh, if you're going the route of Slime armor that gives you a turret minion similar to Stardust, I designed just that a few weeks ago in a summoner thread. xD
68c36755a6.png

It was a very low-defense set (3 total. :v) that gave small minion damage bonuses (One of was -10% knockback which helps slimes hit more often) and the set bonus was the baby spiked slime turret minion. xD
Yes exactly! Now couple that with the thing we have going here! And you have a perfect armor set for slime loving summoners!!

Let's take a second here. This is a thread about slime armor. I request we move this into a seperate thread or a chat even.

This idea could be okay, just not really sure if I would actually craft it our go straight for molten armor instead.

Hahaha.
+3 minions with gel and minerals? +tons of damage with slime stuff?

No. This would make the bee armor, a much harder get set, without a use.

Hahaha.
+3 minions with gel and minerals? +tons of damage with slime stuff?

No. This would make the bee armor, a much harder get set, without a use.

Well, it's not actually a whole lot of extra damage, but 50% might be a bit too high. (Makes the 8 damage slimes go up to 12 damage) Maybe bring it down to +25% slime staff damage (Making it 10), since slimes are a bit unruly to use compared to the hornets that float around and shoot everything.

The +3 minions is a bit much, I agree. I always pictured the slime armor as being low-defense, +1 minion, and having that little spiked slime summon.
However, my vision of slime armor is that it's craftable start-game armor that wouldn't require killing King Slime and would give you not only your first summoner armor, but also your first summoner weapon, so you can hunt down that slime staff without having to rely on the copper shortsword or whatever. (Which would make it unique, and a great way to start a summoner playthrough instead of just going fishing for a reaver shark and heading straight for the imp summon. :v)

Since this one needs you to have beat King Slime, +3 minions would be okay if it only affected your slime staff. (So +3 baby slimes, +1 for everything else.)

Well, it's not actually a whole lot of extra damage, but 50% might be a bit too high. (Makes the 8 damage slimes go up to 12 damage) Maybe bring it down to +25% slime staff damage (Making it 10), since slimes are a bit unruly to use compared to the hornets that float around and shoot everything.

The +3 minions is a bit much, I agree. I always pictured the slime armor as being low-defense, +1 minion, and having that little spiked slime summon.
However, my vision of slime armor is that it's craftable start-game armor that wouldn't require killing King Slime and would give you not only your first summoner armor, but also your first summoner weapon, so you can hunt down that slime staff without having to rely on the copper shortsword or whatever. (Which would make it unique, and a great way to start a summoner playthrough instead of just going fishing for a reaver shark and heading straight for the imp summon. :v)

Since this one needs you to have beat King Slime, +3 minions would be okay if it only affected your slime staff. (So +3 baby slimes, +1 for everything else.)
It's easily possible to kill a King Slime with a copper shortsword. If you just walk to the outer edge of the world, he might spawn for an early player.

It should be weaker than the Bee Armor, but require the weaker other natural monster.

while i agree it should be weaker in certain aspects i also disagree only becuase good enough stats would make him a more need to kill boss while helping keep the slime stuff better longer and the +3 baby slimes to +1 everything else sounds perfect

No fall damage seems a bit op for an easily accessible armor, isn't it?
while i would agree this armor is easily outclassed by other things such as having wings and master summoner stuff, in the same note it is pretty easy in a small or medium world to get a horseshoe off a sky island early game simply by spending some time mining which also stops fall damage but is the only opportunity prior to hardemode aside from wings and maybe one or two mounts so if anything its pretty fair

Back
Top Bottom