tModLoader Slime's Stuff

Well... I dunno... doesn't really feels perfect, but I tried to sprite something... XD lol

old adventurer baron.png

the more formal attire looks kinda bland (and the top hat looks somehow lame)... it would be alright for some lord maybe, but it doesn't quite looks like an adventurer... or ex-adventurer...? the 2nd one is more on the line of the jungle-exploring-sorta adventurer, but I dunno if it's what you're looking for...? he doesn't necessarily looks like an ex-adventurer, maybe he's still adventuring... or he just loves his old attire and spend lots of his time reminiscing of "the good old times" when he was poaching elephants or lead an expedition through the unknown jungle - and obviously gathered lots of treasures and fame.

(although I think there is an actual poacher NPC in Jenosis Furniture and Fun Mod? I checked it once and I remember something like that, but dunno how exactly he looked like. maybe a bit similar...? if they are similar, that's probably no good...)

Anyway, it's more like just thinking loud... dunno how it looks like, if it's any good or not.

I mean, attire for jungle exploring, not the vanilla jungle armor. but yeah, a formal attire might be better, if he's an ex-adventurer. I will try to make some sprites later.

What stuff he sells exactly by the way?
He sells materials from different biomes as well as as some boss materials after you beat the boss (bee wax, bones kinda) hes also going to sell the blocks for the modded biomes in the mod so you don’t have to make a new world after adding it late. And also the gold coin cuz its funny.

Well... I dunno... doesn't really feels perfect, but I tried to sprite something... XD lol

View attachment 233312

the more formal attire looks kinda bland (and the top hat looks somehow lame)... it would be alright for some lord maybe, but it doesn't quite looks like an adventurer... or ex-adventurer...? the 2nd one is more on the line of the jungle-exploring-sorta adventurer, but I dunno if it's what you're looking for...? he doesn't necessarily looks like an ex-adventurer, maybe he's still adventuring... or he just loves his old attire and spend lots of his time reminiscing of "the good old times" when he was poaching elephants or lead an expedition through the unknown jungle - and obviously gathered lots of treasures and fame.

(although I think there is an actual poacher NPC in Jenosis Furniture and Fun Mod? I checked it once and I remember something like that, but dunno how exactly he looked like. maybe a bit similar...? if they are similar, that's probably no good...)

Anyway, it's more like just thinking loud... dunno how it looks like, if it's any good or not.
I personally like the 2nd one better for this one.

Since your response, I've been thinking about some ideas for your mod, because as you've said, you have a lack of them. So, here are they:
1. Luminescent Potion (I don't know recipe, but probably it will need a new herb, which will spawn into luminescent lagoon (if you add a new herb for that biome, then I can think of some other potions), but you can make another recipe). It will emit a bright (but not very bright) aura of light (color of that light will be a mixture of cyan and green, much like Luminescent Lagoon's color) and will have bigger range, than Shine potion. To balance that, it will be craftable only on Alchemy table.
2. (I didn't name this item) It is a flail, which will look like a Giant Sand Sifter and will act like a solar eruption, but won't go through walls. Also it will shoot 2-3 smaller versions of sand sifter, which will home on enemies and damage them overtime (for 2-3 seconds, I think), but have less damage than a flail itself.
3. As for the Ruins biome, I suggest you to add some structure there, which will look like abandoned, partly destroyed houses, which were used by ancient civilizations. They will contain some wooden crates and can contain chests with some new items (I don't have ideas for those new items though, so idea with chests can be scrapped, unless you have some ideas). These features will make a biome better looking and will bring some ambience to the biome.
4. Make Miner Chunks have a chance to drop a life crystal(I don't know, how it will look though), (because in early game, you will likely try to fight this boss before having full hp, and giving you a cahnce to return a life crystal is a good idea.
5. I suggest you to remove hardmode ore staff and instead of them add soul scepters. There will be scepter for every soul (and later maybe mod support), which will have unique projectile for every of them (for example, Flight Scepter's projectile will be fast and will go through walls (because idea of souls of flight is to make wings, so this soul type is used to make you more agile and fast), Sight Scepter's projectile will split into two projectiles (because it is dropped from twins and that boss has 2 bosses (I said that in a super strange way, but I think you understood)), Light Scepter' projectile will be bounce of walls and inflict various debuffs (I don't have a beter idea for this one), and scepter itself will be extrely inaccurate (because a lot of weapons from Hallowed biome are inaccurate (Flying Knife, Daedalus Stormbow, Crystal Storm, etc.), Fright Scepter's Projectile will deal damage overtime (because of that Skeletron Prime's attack, when it spins, while you get stuck into him), Might Scepter's Projectile will shoot smaller ones, while flying (Like Destroyer shoots lasers) and will be affected by gravity more, than other ones. I don't have any idea for Night Scepter though.

Some of these can be hard to code, but you can ask other modders for help. Of course only, if you want.

Also, could you do anythink about Neonium ore (it glows too much andbbecause of that doesn't
look very good in underground (because it looks a bit weird). I know, that it is Neon and it should glow, but could you do something to keep it glow and to remove it from underground. I would suggest you to make it generate like meteorite does, but that idea is pretty overused. (Maybe clusters of it will spawn in space after Neo Mothership?)

Last edited:
@Waasephi
Does all of that fits into his shop? Although it's possible to extend them somehow, normally, town NPCs' shop have 40 slots in total. I personally dunno about selling stuff like bone... XD it's very common, really. I know I end up gathering several hundreds while looting the dungeon in most playthroughs XD lol

And if you like that, you can use it, I guess (if you do so, credit me for it, okay?). Or we can discuss if you want him to look different. Creating a full spritesheet would take more time though... it's pretty crazy how many sprites a town NPC has for walking animation XD lol

By the way, as for the luminescent lagoon, can you do something like, the biome itself would be made out of 2 types of blocks (besides ores and stuff)? one is the normal sorta stone variant for the place, and another stone variant which maybe looks identical, - none of the two glows - but the 2nd variant can grow a type of grass on it. grass would grow only on the outside of this type of block, so it wouldn't end up like the entire biome is made out of grassy blocks, but those parts where the 2nd block type generated (and only on the outside of these blocks). Maybe, it would be the grass and other vegetation growing on it is what glows and not the stone itself, so it wouldn't look that bad.
So, much like glowing mushroom biome, or Mul Cavern.

Ah, also, I'm curious about the theme of the ruin biome. what sort of ruins? like, that sort of civilisation lived there that left those ruins? like, because let's say ancient Egypian, Roman, etc., medieval European, etc. ruins are all very different... and not to mention there is that possibility too in fantasy, that said "ancient civilisation" was actually more advanced than the present, like having sci-fi technology...

@TOMKA
I dunno if it's possible to have a potion only craftable with alchemy table. If you want it to be post skeletron, you can add bone to the recipe maybe. or whatever other component from later, like hardmode stuff like fairy dust or anything.

Since your response, I've been thinking about some ideas for your mod, because as you've said, you have a lack of them. So, here are they:
1. Luminescent Potion (I don't know recipe, but probably it will need a new herb, which will spawn into luminescent lagoon (if you add a new herb for that biome, then I can think of some other potions), but you can make another recipe). It will emit a bright (but not very bright) aura of light (color of that light will be a mixture of cyan and green, much like Luminescent Lagoon's color) and will have bigger range, than Shine potion. To balance that, it will be craftable only on Alchemy table.
2. (I didn't name this item) It is a flail, which will look like a Giant Sand Sifter and will act like a solar eruption, but won't go through walls. Also it will shoot 2-3 smaller versions of sand sifter, which will home on enemies and damage them overtime (for 2-3 seconds, I think), but have less damage than a flail itself.
3. As for the Ruins biome, I suggest you to add some structure there, which will look like abandoned, partly destroyed houses, which were used by ancient civilizations. They will contain some wooden crates and can contain chests with some new items (I don't have ideas for those new items though, so idea with chests can be scrapped, unless you have some ideas). These features will make a biome better looking and will bring some ambience to the biome.
4. Make Miner Chunks have a chance to drop a life crystal(I don't know, how it will look though), (because in early game, you will likely try to fight this boss before having full hp, and giving you a cahnce to return a life crystal is a good idea.
5. I suggest you to remove hardmode ore staff and instead of them add soul scepters. There will be scepter for every soul (and later maybe mod support), which will have unique projectile for every of them (for example, Flight Scepter's projectile will be fast and will go through walls (because idea of souls of flight is to make wings, so this soul type is used to make you more agile and fast), Sight Scepter's projectile will split into two projectiles (because it is dropped from twins and that boss has 2 bosses (I said that in a super strange way, but I think you understood)), Light Scepter' projectile will be bounce of walls and inflict various debuffs (I don't have a beter idea for this one), and scepter itself will be extrely inaccurate (because a lot of weapons from Hallowed biome are inaccurate (Flying Knife, Daedalus Stormbow, Crystal Storm, etc.), Fright Scepter's Projectile will deal damage overtime (because of that Skeletron Prime's attack, when it spins, while you get stuck into him), Might Scepter's Projectile will shoot smaller ones, while flying (Like Destroyer shoots lasers) and will be affected by gravity more, than other ones. I don't have any idea for Night Scepter though.

Some of these can be hard to code, but you can ask other modders for help. Of course only, if you want.

Also, could you do anythink about Neonium ore (it glows too much andbbecause of that doesn't
look very good in underground (because it looks a bit weird). I know, that it is Neon and it should glow, but could you do something to keep it glow and to remove it from underground. I would suggest you to make it generate like meteorite does, but that idea is pretty overused. (Maybe clusters of it will spawn in space after Neo Mothership?)
Those do sound like great ideas! Although most of those might have to wait because of my coding skill... but if i get help it might come sooner. Those ideas most likely will be used though.

@Waasephi
Does all of that fits into his shop? Although it's possible to extend them somehow, normally, town NPCs' shop have 40 slots in total. I personally dunno about selling stuff like bone... XD it's very common, really. I know I end up gathering several hundreds while looting the dungeon in most playthroughs XD lol

And if you like that, you can use it, I guess (if you do so, credit me for it, okay?). Or we can discuss if you want him to look different. Creating a full spritesheet would take more time though... it's pretty crazy how many sprites a town NPC has for walking animation XD lol

By the way, as for the luminescent lagoon, can you do something like, the biome itself would be made out of 2 types of blocks (besides ores and stuff)? one is the normal sorta stone variant for the place, and another stone variant which maybe looks identical, - none of the two glows - but the 2nd variant can grow a type of grass on it. grass would grow only on the outside of this type of block, so it wouldn't end up like the entire biome is made out of grassy blocks, but those parts where the 2nd block type generated (and only on the outside of these blocks). Maybe, it would be the grass and other vegetation growing on it is what glows and not the stone itself, so it wouldn't look that bad.
So, much like glowing mushroom biome, or Mul Cavern.

Ah, also, I'm curious about the theme of the ruin biome. what sort of ruins? like, that sort of civilisation lived there that left those ruins? like, because let's say ancient Egypian, Roman, etc., medieval European, etc. ruins are all very different... and not to mention there is that possibility too in fantasy, that said "ancient civilisation" was actually more advanced than the present, like having sci-fi technology...

@TOMKA
I dunno if it's possible to have a potion only craftable with alchemy table. If you want it to be post skeletron, you can add bone to the recipe maybe. or whatever other component from later, like hardmode stuff like fairy dust or anything.
His shop doesn't have ALL the materials, just the ones that seem kinda annoying to get, like bee wax. And I do like that sprite (why wouldn't I credit lol), And I'm very aware that making the sprite sheet takes time, so I can wait for that. That LL idea sounds pretty interesting! I'm thinking that when its covered by other things it looks like stone but when it has access to "air" it will have moss type stuff. I might use that as it sounds very cool! The ruin biome is more of I'd say a Roman type ruin, as I plan to add coliseum type structures when I learn how to do them. It also is a very "non advanced" area, hence why most things are made of rock. Also if replying on here gets annoying, we could talk in the mod's discord just to make it easier.

His shop doesn't have ALL the materials, just the ones that seem kinda annoying to get, like bee wax. And I do like that sprite (why wouldn't I credit lol), And I'm very aware that making the sprite sheet takes time, so I can wait for that. That LL idea sounds pretty interesting! I'm thinking that when its covered by other things it looks like stone but when it has access to "air" it will have moss type stuff. I might use that as it sounds very cool! The ruin biome is more of I'd say a Roman type ruin, as I plan to add coliseum type structures when I learn how to do them. It also is a very "non advanced" area, hence why most things are made of rock. Also if replying on here gets annoying, we could talk in the mod's discord just to make it easier.
Yes, I think that could work. for the lagoon, like - and especially if not the whole's covered in grass/moss, but just patches of it. and I said grass, because moss doesn't seem to grow plants and herbs and stuff, and having such might would be nice too.

Hmm... Roman ruins...? interesting. I would like to hear more about that too.

Also, yes, we can chat on discord too. If you want, you could tell me your discord address in a PM, and we could chat.

Yes, I think that could work. for the lagoon, like - and especially if not the whole's covered in grass/moss, but just patches of it. and I said grass, because moss doesn't seem to grow plants and herbs and stuff, and having such might would be nice too.

Hmm... Roman ruins...? interesting. I would like to hear more about that too.

Also, yes, we can chat on discord too. If you want, you could tell me your discord address in a PM, and we could chat.
The link to the Slime's Stuff discord is on the forum page, don't really want to give out my discord info where someone could just send me something without me knowing any possible way to contact them after, if you get what I mean.

I tested out the newest update and I want to tell you that your mod is really improving. But, there are some things, which you should redo, in my opinion:
1. New boss's AI is very annoying. It telepots super quickly and It's hard to hit him. Also it has more hp than Skeletron (and is a pre Skeletron boss). Coukd you change that?
2. Heart stone spawn in a very big veins, in my opinion. Maybe, you should reduce the amount of ore in vein to, for example, 10 or less. Unless you do that, it's VERY easy to increase hp by a lot after defeating a Life Enforcer.
3. New Sky Eruption's projectile doesn't fit Terraria style. Could you change it to previous? To make good sprites, I suggest to look at Thorium's ones.

Also, I have a great idea for your mod. It is a new set bonus of Sand armor: it will summon smaller version of sand sifter minion to fight for you without requiring a minion slot. The minion will act like a stardust dragon but, obviously, far less powerful.

I tested out the newest update and I want to tell you that your mod is really improving. But, there are some things, which you should redo, in my opinion:
1. New boss's AI is very annoying. It telepots super quickly and It's hard to hit him. Also it has more hp than Skeletron (and is a pre Skeletron boss). Coukd you change that?
2. Heart stone spawn in a very big veins, in my opinion. Maybe, you should reduce the amount of ore in vein to, for example, 10 or less. Unless you do that, it's VERY easy to increase hp by a lot after defeating a Life Enforcer.
3. New Sky Eruption's projectile doesn't fit Terraria style. Could you change it to previous? To make good sprites, I suggest to look at Thorium's ones.

Also, I have a great idea for your mod. It is a new set bonus of Sand armor: it will summon smaller version of sand sifter minion to fight for you without requiring a minion slot. The minion will act like a stardust dragon but, obviously, far less powerful.
Thanks for the feedback!
Yes I can look into rebalancing the new boss' AI and stats.
I can make it so Heartstone is less "common".
I was thinking of redoing that projectile as I thought it was just strange now that I changed it... so yeah I can do that.
I did want to do something like that for the set bonus. That armor has always seemed underwhelming to me... as it was I think the first armor I made for the mod. So yes... set bonus can change!

1587111675155.png

FIX THIS MOD... IT COVERED MY ENTIRE :red:ING WORLD IN NEONIUM ORE FOR SOME :red:ING REASON. I HAVE NO BACKUP AND MY CASTLE IS NOW RUINED.
1587111763065.png
1587111850878.png

I am so terribly sorry this happened! In testing this did not happen to me and I will fix this as soon as possible!
Sorry I was mad yesterday and it was late night when me and my friend were going to bed after farming a few bosses... Here's my more in depth explanation of what I did:

I farmed the neo mothership thing about 50-100 times and after it just covered the entire world in neonium. We didn't see it covering the world while farming we were almost one shotting the boss using an overpowered glitch with an armour set. All of the world happened to turn into neonium a few seconds after killing the last flying spaceship.

Heres some things you should revise:
- Add a "Neonium ore has been spread throughout the underground" or something message
- Put a height limit to where the ore can spawn
- Maybe put a limit to how much ore is in one area?
- Make the ore only spawn on naturally occurring things like stone, dirt, etc.

UPDATE: I FOUND MY BACKUP THANK THE LORD. AHHHHHHHHHHH.

Last edited:
Sorry I was mad yesterday and it was late night when me and my friend were going to bed after farming a few bosses... Here's my more in depth explanation of what I did:

I farmed the neo mothership thing about 50-100 times and after it just covered the entire world in neonium. We didn't see it covering the world while farming we were almost one shotting the boss using an overpowered glitch with an armour set. All of the world happened to turn into neonium a few seconds after killing the last flying spaceship.

Heres some things you should revise:
- Add a "Neonium ore has been spread throughout the underground" or something message
- Put a height limit to where the ore can spawn
- Maybe put a limit to how much ore is in one area?
- Make the ore only spawn on naturally occurring things like stone, dirt, etc.

UPDATE: I FOUND MY BACKUP THANK THE LORD. AHHHHHHHHHHH.
Im so happy for you that you got a backup, I felt awful that I ruined your world.
The intention for the ore was to spawn only once, but I guess that is not what happened, It does give a message, just only once.
I have reduced the amount of ore in veins.
I will make it only spawn on specific blocks too just to prevent this further.
Once again I am very sorry about what happened, your anger was justified.

1587370021648.png

There appears to be no message for ore spawns? This was the first time I killed the boss in my world.

I killed the boss three more times and there was no message for any ores spawning.

Please remove the ore spawning into the world. It defeats the purpose of having the boss drop neonium bars in the first place. The neonium ore is barely useful because the bars craft a small amount of items and the boss drops plenty of bars already.

Also, I don't know if the boss spawns ores every time it's defeated, but please make sure the ore spawns only once after killing the boss the first time, if you do decide to keep ore spawns.

Last edited:
View attachment 267719
There appears to be no message for ore spawns? This was the first time I killed the boss in my world.

I killed the boss three more times and there was no message for any ores spawning.

Please remove the ore spawning into the world. It defeats the purpose of having the boss drop neonium bars in the first place. The neonium ore is barely useful because the bars craft a small amount of items and the boss drops plenty of bars already.

Also, I don't know if the boss spawns ores every time it's defeated, but please make sure the ore spawns only once after killing the boss the first time, if you do decide to keep ore spawns.
I just recently started a new playthrough and fought the boss, it did have a message for me... I'm not sure why it isn't working for you.
I am also currently in the process of redesigning all of the neonium related things, even the boss. So I will make sure that everything works properly.

I just recently started a new playthrough and fought the boss, it did have a message for me... I'm not sure why it isn't working for you.
I am also currently in the process of redesigning all of the neonium related things, even the boss. So I will make sure that everything works properly.
Oh, I just realized, you probably developed this boss with only single-player compatibility... I'm playing on a multiplayer server, that's probably why the messages are weird.

Also, you need to fix the ore spawning on player made things or trees. I defeated the Neo Mothership and after re-logging I saw some neonium spawned in my lava trap (which was made of wood). It appears that in multiplayer, you don't see the newly spawned ore until you relog, which is probably why my world was absolutely covered in neonium without me knowing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom