Items Slimeshot Staff - Pre-OOA sentry dropped from King Slime

RandomDuckNerd

Skeletron
Fortified Slime Staff.png
1708558653498.png

Slimeshot Staff
12 Summon Damage | Speed similar to the Houndius Shootius
Every third hit, throws a pink slime ball that stuns non-slime enemies that are on the ground for 1s (Note: Platforms count as ground with this item)

"Summons a slingshot that lobs sticky slime balls at your enemies"

The Fortified Slime Staff would be a weapon dropped from King Slime (25%) that would serve as a (much needed) addon to the sentry subclass, specifically for the Pre-Old Ones Army stage. It also adds another item to King Slime to encourage players to go out of their way to fight him.

Last edited:
Sorry if the sentry artwork itself doesn't look that great I just sketched it out real quick to get an idea of what it would look like when you place it down

Looks great. Only change I would make is that the elastic band is also made of slime, though I assume that would happen anyway. What would its knockback be? Or would it stick enemies to the ground?
Sticking enemies to the ground is actually a great idea

Also, the reason I didn't have the elastic band be slime is that it would look weird in the sprite

Last edited:
Normally I'd name this the Slimeshot Staff, Slime + Slingshot but ok

Would adding a slight but noticable slow effect on hit enemies be too broken? You're essentially throwing slimes at them, after all. That extra slow would be helpful early on

Ok, I like the idea of getting a sentry from King Slime. That part's fine. However, I have issues with how this idea was executed. I feel like it would work better as a large slime that spits slime balls, instead of a slingshot. I also don't see why it shouldn't be able to stun slimes. Having specific types of enemies be immune to the weapon's effect just seems strange to me.

The king slime seems like it deserves a summon weapon rather than a sentry. My take on this was a slime that grows larger on repeated summons. And while I also agree early game sentries are lacking, I previously suggested a beehive sentry instead, which could serve as a good alternative. Both of these posts are in the items section of the post linked below if you're interested, but I am apparently not allowed to include a link here.

Anyways to clarify, I think the idea is funny, but the stun is unnecessary and any sentry would feel weird dropped by king slime.

The king slime seems like it deserves a summon weapon rather than a sentry. My take on this was a slime that grows larger on repeated summons. And while I also agree early game sentries are lacking, I previously suggested a beehive sentry instead, which could serve as a good alternative. Both of these posts are linked below (in the items section) if you're interested.
Ok, but what about the suggestion that was made here? Do you have anything to say at all that actually relates to the topic at hand?

Ok, but what about the suggestion that was made here? Do you have anything to say at all that actually relates to the topic at hand?
I'm saying king slime doesn't seem like a good fit to drop a sentry? There are other bosses, such as queen bee, that might, but king slime, if anything, seems like he should have a summon weapon, not a sentry.

I suppose the idea of a slingshot sentry of some kind is creative, but might make more sense as a goblin army drop?

I'm saying king slime doesn't seem like a good fit to drop a sentry? There are other bosses, such as queen bee, that might, but king slime, if anything, seems like he should have a summon weapon, not a sentry.

I suppose the idea of a slingshot sentry of some kind is creative, but might make more sense as a goblin army drop?
Ah, you edited your comment after I replied. I see now. Sorry for the fuss.

I also don't see why it shouldn't be able to stun slimes. Having specific types of enemies be immune to the weapon's effect just seems strange to me.
You're probably right, but my logic was that they're already slimes, so they shouldn't be affected by getting slimed by other slimes.
Queen Bee is already associated with normal summons due to the Bee Armor and Hornet Staff, plus you're most likely fighting her Post-BoC/EoW and Pre-Dungeon, where sentries aren't as much of a problem, so there really isn't a reason to put a sentry there.

King Slime seemed like a good spot to add a sentry, due to there not being any sentries Pre-BoC/EoW, and there also isn't really much reason to fight King Slime.

Normally I'd name this the Slimeshot Staff, Slime + Slingshot but ok
that's actually such a goated name i'm using it
Would adding a slight but noticable slow effect on hit enemies be too broken? You're essentially throwing slimes at them, after all. That extra slow would be helpful early on
Every third hit, throws a pink slime ball that stuns non-slime enemies that are on the ground for 1s
(Note: Platforms count as ground with this item)​
I like the idea of giving a stun because maybe it could be used as a more support oriented sentry later in pre hm

This is such a cute idea and I like it a lot
The only issue I have is at the moment there isn't really a good definition for what "stunned" means. (the closest thing I can think of is the confusion debuff)
it certainly would be interesting to have an item this early on that can inflict confusion

Back
Top Bottom