Resolved Slow user interface

So every time I scroll the crafting list or right-click to craft or purchase a stack of items, the update frequency is very low. I watch speedrunners on YouTube and they buy a stack of grenades, create platforms (or anything) in less than half the time it takes me.

I have tried all settings for "Frame Skip" with no change.

** Update **

As I was typing the last sentence, I began testing other video settings:
- Resolution fixed at 1920x1200
- Changing parallax did nothing (I don't even know what it means)
- "Go Fullscreen" - HWAT?! The game is already in fullscreen! I clicked this, the screen refreshed and the text changed to "Go Windowed". Now everything works smoothly.

I'm not sure why windowed or fullscreen would make a difference at all, but there it is.

The reason I'm still posting this is for others to find.

Last edited:
there's a difference between fullscreen and borderless windowed (what you had): fullscreen transfers full control of your moniter over to the game whereas windowed still has everything else still there just, under. this usually works fine but depending on your pc or monitor this can cause your to lag in a way that frame skip doesn't help.

some apps it doesn't matter what pc moniter or anything you use, it's unplayable with borderless windowed such as osu

In both modes, I can move the cursor seamlessly between the game and other programs on my second monitor. So what's the (positive) difference between native resolution fullscreen and borderless window? If there is none, native resolution borderless window shouldn't even exist.

Furthermore, it seems weird to me that UI updates are affected by framerate(?). I mean that holding down the purchase button for x seconds should buy the same amount of items (rounded to the frame) irrelevant of FPS - if that is indeed the issue.

In both modes, I can move the cursor seamlessly between the game and other programs on my second monitor. So what's the (positive) difference between native resolution fullscreen and borderless window? If there is none, native resolution borderless window shouldn't even exist.
it's more useful without a second moniter, with borderless window i can (and cant fullscreen) seamlessly alt tab, have PiP play, and have any non game based overlays still show. im quite certain there are more things but those are just what i use it for. if borderless windowed didn't exist id enjoy the game alot less and the only remedy would be a second moniter
Furthermore, it seems weird to me that UI updates are affected by framerate(?). I mean that holding down the purchase button for x seconds should buy the same amount of items (rounded to the frame) irrelevant of FPS - if that is indeed the issue.
you'll have to search the decompiled code for that one

Back
Top Bottom