NPCs & Enemies Small tweak to Undead Miner Drops

Warpshard

Empress of Light
In 1.3, Undead Miners can now drop Mining Helmets, which drop as a higher rate of 5% chance as compared to the 2.4% chance of the other pieces of the Mining Set. I think, both for consistency's sake and to reduce grinding that little bit, that both the Mining Shirt and Mining Pants should have a 5% drop rate instead of a 2.4% chance.

Thoughts?

I kinda agree. Mining gear is kinda rare and that's a good thing it's supposed to be rare increasing the drop rate for it seems silly cause you're farming for it. I don't wanna get mining gear after a normal mining trip. I enjoy it being rare. It makes it special when it drops. The mining helmet should be lowered cause It makes it weird to also have it sold. The helmet should be lowered rather than the rest raised.

I kinda agree. Mining gear is kinda rare and that's a good thing it's supposed to be rare increasing the drop rate for it seems silly cause you're farming for it. I don't wanna get mining gear after a normal mining trip. I enjoy it being rare. It makes it special when it drops. The mining helmet should be lowered cause It makes it weird to also have it sold. The helmet should be lowered rather than the rest raised.
If something's still gotta be rare, at least the drop rates of the helmet and the clothes themselves should be swapped, considering you can by the helmet from the Merchant anyway.

You're treating this like he increased the drop rate to 30%.
He only increased it by 2.6%.

You're treating this like he increased the drop rate to 30%.
He only increased it by 2.6%.
Sorry if i seemed a bit pushy. I do tend to be a bit aggressive but 5% is pretty common in my opinion. It's just another thing to clog up my inventory on long mining trips. Like when I look for the stylist or the lihzard temple in a HUGE jungle. 5% is just too common for a rare item for me.

Sorry if i seemed a bit pushy. I do tend to be a bit aggressive but 5% is pretty common in my opinion. It's just another thing to clog up my inventory on long mining trips. Like when I look for the stylist or the lihzard temple in a HUGE jungle. 5% is just too common for a rare item for me.
Not everybody has the same luck, everytime.
If this was implemented I bet 100 bucks it'd still take forever for me to find one.

I do feel like I should chime in, and mention that the Honeyed Goggles, the only source of flight in the game Pre-Hardmode, with use rivaling that of the Mining Set, also has a 5 percent chance. Plus, despite the increase in mining speed whilst wearing the Mining Set, the defense of the set is only better than wooden armor, and equivalent to said armor set when taking into account Wooden armor's set bonus. As rare as it may be, it's usefulness is diminished by the lack of defense on the set.

Similar to this viking helmet
drop rate: 2% from Undead Vikings
availability: hardmode only
defense: 4

Yes, I agree. Undead Miners are an uncommon spawn to begin with. It would be great if the Mining armour was a littler easier to attain.

Similar to this viking helmet
drop rate: 2% from Undead Vikings
availability: hardmode only
defense: 4

The Viking Helmet is dropped in easymode, and is the only piece of its set. Undead Vikings are also fairly common enemies.

Sorry if i seemed a bit pushy. I do tend to be a bit aggressive but 5% is pretty common in my opinion

Considering how rare Skeleton Miners are, I don't think so. Remember; you need both pieces of the set to make use of it. And Skeleton Miners always drop something; if not Miner gear, then a Bone Pickaxe or Bombs. So no matter what, they are dropping "something that takes up space". Shifting some of that drop rate towards the Miner Gear won't be particularly inventory clogging.

I like this idea, in my opinion you could also increase the spawn rate undead miners.

I don't know if they should. They could make the Mining Helmet a 2.4% chance to drop then they could increase the spawn rate, but if that was happening along with this, it might be a little too common.

Back
Top Bottom