Blocks & Decoration Smaller tables/taller chairs?

XDLuxioX

Terrarian
Trying to decorate some areas seems fine as long as I don’t actually use a chair next to a table, character would sit too low for a table (also too high for a workbench/dynasty table) just asking for something in between table heights. The thing is the more I look at it, it would be like half a block, so I don’t think tables would be easy to implement. To see what I mean just place a bottle on a table and use a chair, bottle will be higher than the players head.

I think it’s just the way the game design is. Most pixel games are a little disproportional in small details. I noticed the same issue in Starbound, and I don’t know whether it’s possible to solve it somehow. It is the way it is.
If I were a game developer, I would at least try to make the tables a little smaller and the chairs taller, so the character looks more comfortable. I would even try to copy my gaming chair with lumbar support in the game, but it’s just me, and the real developers probably have no time for it. Or, maybe, it’s a special designer solution, and they make things disproportional on purpose.

Last edited:
I think it’s just the way the game design is. Most pixel games are a little disproportional in small details. I noticed the same issue in Starbound, and I don’t know whether it’s possible to solve it somehow. It is the way it is.
Now that I think about it, they can't solve this without lowering with the position of items placed on tables, as they're placed on the block above the table. They did implement this solution when allowing lanterns/banners to be placed under platforms so maybe it's not too hard to do, but considering they'd have to resprite every table as well, it might be too much work for a purely aestethic feature.

There are a lot of items and things in games in general that are, somewhat comically/cutesy, oversized. (Ever noticed how large the generic pot is in Zelda games?) This seem like a lot of work to resprite/reposition and test every furniture for just a small asthetic that's spread throughout the whole game.

Back
Top Bottom