Portfolio/Multi-Topic Smoothing out progression: Weapon balancing, Hardmode ore balancing, Movement accessories priority in generation and also World generation options.

No they can't, they still go poorly against fast-moving bosses, from my experience. The lasers still often times miss the fast target.
what fast moving bosses? You use it for Destroyer, Prime, Old one's army, Plantera and Golem. 4 out of 5 in that list are the most static encounters in the game

So just because you can buy another ammo type, it shouldn't be craftable? Unholy arrows are also craftable, earlier than the point you can buy them. The bone arrows are weaker though, so a fix would be to buff the damage to ~13 after skeletron is defeated.
bone arrows are a very random arrow with low damage and a worthless property, only barely passable because you get it preboss where you dont have either Unholy or Jester's to spare. This isn't a matter of "it shouldn't be craftable", it's "there is no point in making it craftable because no one uses it to begin with"

Why wouldn't you want that? I want there to be options for the people that want to choose the way they want to play summoner. It should definitely not be like the pre-nerf obsidian armor, though.
You can already use Obsidian armor against the pillars just because it makes Kaleidoscope that big, and massive blobs that can't miss dominate every enemy encounter

there is a reason things have limited range
I'm talking about the weapons that are craftable with tissue samples/shadow scales.
This is literally the only one
1715022888399.png
and you asked for a buff for it anyways

Starfury is completely okay as it is, and flamarang isnt bad at all lmao. You can use flamarang to easily defeat Skeletron. I used it, its not as bad as you think. And Trimarang just needs a buff, unlike what you say.

Starfury is completely okay as it is, and flamarang isnt bad at all lmao. You can use flamarang to easily defeat Skeletron. I used it, its not as bad as you think. And Trimarang just needs a buff, unlike what you say.
Starfury is probably the most overpowered item in all terraria considering where it is in progression It can attack through blocks which deals with every regular enemy, it has awsome dps it provides light at any point of the screen and player simultanously
It carries player from pre boss up to wof (and even for wof it's not the worse option)
Sure it takes some luck to find flying island but rope and gravity potions exist
Even sky bridge is not a bad idea as it will be very usefull during hardmode later
Even as any other class than melee I still carry it as it allows to scout much greater area while caving

Starfury is probably the most overpowered item in all terraria considering where it is in progression It can attack through blocks which deals with every regular enemy, it has awsome dps it provides light at any point of the screen and player simultanously
It carries player from pre boss up to wof (and even for wof it's not the worse option)
Sure it takes some luck to find flying island but rope and gravity potions exist
Even sky bridge is not a bad idea as it will be very usefull during hardmode later
Even as any other class than melee I still carry it as it allows to scout much greater area while caving
Thats what makes it so good. It isnt just a weapon, it is an exploration tool. When it starts dealing no damage compared to your other weapons, you keep it as a tool. When you reach endgame, you craft it into the Zenith. Starfury's job in the hotbar never expires.

Starfury is probably the most overpowered item in all terraria considering where it is in progression
I would say every class has an option that they can go from preboss to wall of flesh with, only ranger and summoner struggle at least

Melee: Star Fury
Ranger: Star Cannon (meteorite bars can be found from golden chests when they're within 250 tiles of the bottom of the world)
Mage: Demon Scythe
Summoner: Vampire Frog Staff

I wouldn't say the scouting tool that Starfury provides is broken at all.

I would say every class has an option that they can go from preboss to wall of flesh with, only ranger and summoner struggle at least

Melee: Star Fury
Ranger: Star Cannon (meteorite bars can be found from golden chests when they're within 250 tiles of the bottom of the world)
Mage: Demon Scythe
Summoner: Vampire Frog Staff

I wouldn't say the scouting tool that Starfury provides is broken at all.
Everything you mentioned there besides the Starfury requires you to kill enemies or abuse an unintended chest mechanic, which in itself needs to be fixed. The Starfury can be found right away, as your first weapon when starting your world, with just a 25% chance to get from sky islands. I stand my ground, Starfury needs a nerf and a buffed version after skeletron, somewhat like how it used to work in version 1.0.6, without the mana usage of course. I always really liked needing a gold key for it, as you can't just rush up with rope or platforms for one of the best melee weapons in pre-hardmode.
You summed it up perfectly.

Brother, Starfury is a perfectly balanced weapon, you dont need to nerf it. Keep it as it is.
Brother, a pre-boss weapon that is useful up until the wall of flesh is not balanced. Consider looking at my arguments and suggestions for it again, I have explained my views on it very extensively.

Everything you mentioned there besides the Starfury requires you to kill enemies or abuse an unintended chest mechanic, which in itself needs to be fixed.
The Starfury can be found right away, as your first weapon when starting your world, with just a 25% chance to get from sky islands.
I stand my ground, Starfury needs a nerf and a buffed version after skeletron, somewhat like how it used to work in version 1.0.6, without the mana usage of course. I always really liked needing a gold key for it, as you can't just rush up with rope or platforms for one of the best melee weapons in pre-hardmode.
Star Fury still requires you to get to sky islands which most definitely do not start off by doing. Mostly since it requires some in-game knowledge to predict where the sky islands will be easily and gather resources to get up there. Is it the easiest one to obtain? sure. Is it the best? no.

My issue is with your definition of broken, just like the other weapons I listed it is usable from pre-boss to wall of flesh but it falls out of favor over better weapons still. For the evil bosses you're going to prefer Blade of Grass/Ball O' Hurt/Rotted Fork, once you get access to hellstone you're going to prefer Volcano. Fighting games have made me in firm belief of less nerfs and more buffs. Starfury and Star Cannon don't change the game in any major way that it's the best strategy to be using all of pre-hardmode they are just options to go for.

It's a sandbox game, you're not always going to be playing the way the devs intended. I really enjoy that these options are there since when I start a playthrough maybe I wanna rush hardmode this time I will go for one of those options and rush hardmode. Star cannon is honestly the least viable since the grind to get the item and the grind for the stars that balances out its insane damage. Star fury is balanced around not being the best option, sure Star Fury is still really good but not enough to be considered "broken" by any means in my definition.

Brother, a pre-boss weapon that is useful up until the wall of flesh is not balanced. Consider looking at my arguments and suggestions for it again, I have explained my views on it very extensively.
Night's edge is just better, and Starfury only gives more range with less damage. Starfury isnt something that lasts very long as a weapon, after Skeletron it becomes a exploration tool, and at endgame it becomes the Zenith. Just keep it as it is.

Night's edge is just better, and Starfury only gives more range with less damage. Starfury isnt something that lasts very long as a weapon, after Skeletron it becomes a exploration tool, and at endgame it becomes the Zenith. Just keep it as it is.
It definitely does not become just an exploration tool after skeletron, I use it in pretty much all my melee playthroughs to damage the wall without getting lasered to death by standing too close, and it does great. With the latest buff to the projectile being able to pass through any blocks to get to its cursor, it became even better for the wall of flesh fight.

I have updated the movement accessories suggestion with you guys' feedback, let me know if this is better

Meh. We don't need any of those.
Especially those "balancing" of any kind ! It's a sandbox game ! Balancing is something for the other genres.

Meh. We don't need any of those.
Especially those "balancing" of any kind ! It's a sandbox game ! Balancing is something for the other genres.
I, to be honest, don't think Terraria is a sandbox game
And even if it is a sandbox game, balancing is important lmao. Would it be good if there was a weapon that would be pre boss and viable till endgame? Of course no, that would be stupid and unbalanced. Just because Terraria is a "sandbox" does not mean you should make unbalanced gear.

Star Fury still requires you to get to sky islands which most definitely do not start off by doing. Mostly since it requires some in-game knowledge to predict where the sky islands will be easily and gather resources to get up there. Is it the easiest one to obtain? sure. Is it the best? no.
Starfury is far easier to obtain than any of the weapons you've mentioned, the fact that you can predict location of the islands only adds to it, if it's not completely random then it's easier to get it.
Sure there are always better options, if definition of a broken weapon by you is that there are no better options then the only broken weapon at all is zenith
Starfury is very powerfully and despite not being the ideal counter to every boss it provides enough dps to sweep through all of them with no problem at all
Starfury as a weapon is something like a boomstick being better or worse at it but rather easly can kill every prehardmode boss. Unlike boomstick it is also an exploration tool viable for 3/4 of a game

Last edited:
Sure there are always better options, if definition of a broken weapon by you is that there are no better options then the only broken weapon at all is zenith
Starfury is very powerfully and despite not being the ideal counter to every boss it provides enough dps to sweep through all of them with no problem at all
The definition of broken by me is that it doesn't break game progression to a degree that makes it so unbalanced, you're not doing anything crazy getting starfury and doing all of pre-hardmode bosses. It certainly doesn't make every boss a cake walk. Sure it's good, but every boss isn't easy. I'd also say doing every boss with starfury is rather just boring. There is nothing broken about this strategy. If you so believe that Star Fury is unfair then I'm in firm belief that there should be a secret seed option to lock sky chests post skeletron. That is my only agreement here.
Zenith as a weapon is something like a boomstick being better or worse at it but rather easly can kill every prehardmode boss. Unlike boomstick it is also an exploration tool viable for 3/4 of a game
I don't even know why you bring up Zenith here.

And even if it is a sandbox game, balancing is important lmao.
Nope.

Would it be good if there was a weapon that would be pre boss and viable till endgame?
Yes ! YES !

that would be stupid and unbalanced
Nope. In reality, it literally would change nothing.
You can easily use the fully geared character to start a new game.
And/or create a new character and gear up using the all-items-map and start a new game with the end-game gear.

"balancing" is the only things looks stupid here.
We've already got Mojang spending their time on some useless balancing things. Like that Netherite Smithing Template addition. They've made netherite armour a way to tedious to get ? Why bother ? Switch to Creative, get your armour, switch back to Survival. Done. Devs' time spent for nothing.
I'm 100% sure Terraria can live without doing something stupid like balancing.

Nope.

Yes ! YES !

Nope. In reality, it literally would change nothing.
You can easily use the fully geared character to start a new game.
And/or create a new character and gear up using the all-items-map and start a new game with the end-game gear.

"balancing" is the only things looks stupid here.
We've already got Mojang spending their time on some useless balancing things. Like that Netherite Smithing Template addition. They've made netherite armour a way to tedious to get ? Why bother ? Switch to Creative, get your armour, switch back to Survival. Done. Devs' time spent for nothing.
I'm 100% sure Terraria can live without doing something stupid like balancing.
I hope I don't come rude but holy :red:, your arguments are so :red:ing terrible, no one is gonna agree with you.

Terraria is a game highly relied on progression, if there is a weapon that is going to break the progression you HAVE to balance that thing. Let us not forget that Terraria is also a game based around a lot of combat, and balance is indeed important. We already highly criticize Vampire Knives for being the most broken weapon in the game, or Terra Blade for basically outclassing every other melee weapon (except Vampire Knives) Post-Plantera.

Balance is important. Nobody wants to see a Zenith available pre-boss. Please think about for a minute and understand why.

if there is a weapon that is going to break the progression you HAVE to balance that thing
Yeah. To get all the players skip that thing and use something else they'll get through other completely in-game methods, like taking the better weapon from the character already beat the game. 🙄
Are you suggesting Terraria should lock the character to the map and drop map/characters exchange ability to ? In order to your precious "balancing" can actually work ?
Any "balancing" is useless till you can get anything anytime using just the methods the game presents to you !

We already highly criticize Vampire Knives for being the most broken weapon in the game
Oh, Vampire Knives is the weapon I can never understand. Even pre all the nerfs it does literally nothing usefull whenever I've tried to use it. Small damage and HP restore so little you can barely see it and would die in a split seconds if you'll rely on Vampire Knives... 🙄 If anything that thing needs it's buffs. Lots of buffs in every directions.

Nobody wants to see a Zenith available pre-boss.
Sure. That's why we constantly see people ask if somebody's willing to give them Zenith so they'll be able to kill Empress of Light before Moon Lord and "I've start with Zenith" series on YouTube. "nobody" he said... 🙄

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom