So I'm stuck on 1.4 trying to fight skeletron prime as a mage

rylanfaust1

Terrarian
I've beat him before as a mage but that was along time ago I just created a new world and deleted all my old ones. But I can't get passes skeletron prime. Anyone have any suggestions?

Use heart lanterns, campfires and use the new bast statue which increases defence by 5 you can also wire heart statues to drop hearts. Also eat food for improvements to all stats. Arena is also important.

You can also have the dryad NPC nearby for 8 increased defence and health regeneration.

And of course.. use all kind of potions they are all really useful.

If you can beat the twins then you can get the rainbow rod, which has been severely buffed in 1.4 and is now a really good weapon for mages, and since it has homing you can just vaguely aim in his direction and you'll hit, which means you can focus more on dodging his attacks. Even if you can't beat the twins yet, if you get a nimbus rod you can probably take down the destroyer with relative ease, at which point you can just farm him for full hallowed armour.

Either way, at this point in the game it is pretty much imperative to have a good arena built for bosses (especially on expert or master, which I'm assuming you're probably playing one of the two). A large area with platforms and campfires/heart lanterns/bast statues/honey bubbles/banners for enemies common in the area you made the arena are all helpful for maintaining survival. Having good movement accessories like wings, shield of cthulhu, spectre boots (or better), rod of discord (if you're lucky, it shouldn't really be necessary at this point) will all help you evade him.

Finally the wiki has a guide for each of the bosses, even if it's not fully up to date yet it should still be able to give you a few more tips. Here is the page for the prime guide.

A platform to avoid bomb, large space for avoid spinning head. Camp / Heart Lamp. Some buff potion [Swift, Endu, Ironskin, Hunter for spotting] Get the wing and any speed boots. That should help the basic setup. Seafood dinner is easy to craft with useless fish like one to craft sting potion.

If it still fail, try to farm other mech for Hallow Armor and get Cross Necklace. If knockback is a huge problem, get the cobolt or better shield.

Back
Top Bottom