Sodapone's AMA

sodapone🌳

Wall of Flesh
Leave it to Milt to tell me about yet another thing I had no idea existed on this forum.

Anyway, you're looking at this thread for the same reason as you would any other thread. Ask me stuff; I can't think of any guidelines so anything goes.

Why is your name Sodapone?
Totally probably haven't asked that before
Yeah, I've been asked this before, but I'll answer it again.

I used to be a brony, and back in the day I made a pony OC named Sodapop (who Sodapop the character was initially based off of). My alias then was Sodapop, but because that was often taken (damn you Outsiders), I often defaulted to Sodapone until eventually that name stuck instead. And it is pronounced Soda-pony.

What are some of your favorite games?
Uh...putting together a favourite games list is always a challenge for me because I always have a bias toward games I'm currently playing. For example, now, I'm thinking of Xenoblade Chronicles X. Well, I'll try to list a few randomly.

Well, Team Fortress 2 is one of my favourites, if my 1858 logged hours haven't said that already. I love the fact that it's a team-based shooter that doesn't do levels, and states attributes right up front, or you can at least figure them out within seconds. Classes and teams are identifiable at a glance, and all weapons are more-or-less balanced. It's my most played PC game.

Though my favourite PC game is Terraria because it takes Minecraft, makes it more stable, and adds Metroidvania elements which is just...mmmph. Why else am I here, eh? totally not because i have nowhere else to go

Console stuff...
Pokemon games are my favourite on Nintendo handhelds. Black and White had my favourite story, and XY was my favourite in mechanics, with everything refined and a lot of frustrating things in old games taken out.
On PS Vita it seems my favourites are the Project DIVA games. Never thought I'd enjoy rhythm games, but look at me - I'm clearing songs in Extreme mode! It's an excellent timewaster and it feels so good to clear songs.
Wii U, I guess I'll give Xenoblade the benefit of the doubt and say it's so much fun to roam around, planting probes, collecting stuff, picking off indigens to get more EXP and creating insane combos. Story's pretty cool too; a little cliche but it carves its own identity. It's like Fallout or Skyrim for the Wii U.
I...have not played enough games on PS4 and Xbox One to come in with favourites.

Welcome to the family of... well... AMAs!
I am here to ask you, what kinda music are you into?

What is your hair color? Have you ever dyed it? If so, what was the hair color you were born with? Has it ever changed? Also, eye colors?

Oh a AMA thread? Cool. Anyway what's your real name?
My real name's Will. I was named after my grandfather William.
What is your hair color? Have you ever dyed it? If so, what was the hair color you were born with? Has it ever changed? Also, eye colors?
My hair is a very dark brown - to the point where most people mistake it for being black - and I think it's gotten darker over the years. Never dyed it though and I don't plan to dye it. As for my eyes, they're dark brown too.
[DOUBLEPOST=1454863295,1454863147][/DOUBLEPOST]
Welcome to the family of... well... AMAs!
I am here to ask you, what kinda music are you into?
oops, missed this one
I can get into virtually anything, but my top two are EDM and soundtracks.

That is nice. It's a pretty common look. And yeah, usually hair darkens as time passes. Mine was a very bright blonde, almost white. Now it's a dark blonde, seemingly gray. It's the same colors as my eyes. It's something rather peculiar how most people's eyes are the color of their hair. On that matter, what is the thing you like the most of a person's character?

On that matter, what is the thing you like the most of a person's character?
We're talking real people, right? I'll just assume so...

I'd go and say some cliche thing like loyalty or honesty, or whatever...but honestly I love having a friend who I can play games with, share laughs with, and tolerate me when I need to vent.

I'd say the thing I admire the most is when a person is positive and upbeat, when even during the worst of situations they keep their head up and hope for the best. I am sorry if I am asking too many questions. On that matter, what is about a person's character that you dislike the most?

Oh, I see. For me it's cowardice, being emotionally weak or being ill-hearted. I once had to beat up some kids at school because they were harming a child way younger than they were. I had to answer to the principal about giving them bloody noses and black eyes. I only told him they were ill-hearted cowards who harmed an innocent and harmless little kid. Needless to say, I was told to not act like a "hero" which I don't consider myself at all. Heh. I guess I am asking too much, hm. If you're confortable with answering, tell me: do you enjoy life?

If you're comfortable with answering, tell me: do you enjoy life?
Good question. I'm not sure, but I guess since I'm still hanging around and having laughs I am. Sure, life is pointless and it's just a bunch of chemical responses - I'm only certain I myself exist - but it's nice enough, I guess.

What do you enjoy the most about your own Original Characters as well as OCs overall?

Then what is your favorite type of Anime? And Top 5 Favorite Anime?

What do you enjoy the most about your own Original Characters as well as OCs overall?
Ooh. I'd love to elaborate on each of my characters, but there's 10 of them (11 if you count Matcha). Overall I guess I love exploring their individual characters, getting ideas and collaborating with friends, all to make them more developed. Special mention to Tonic, who made me see fictional characters in a whole new light.
And I guess that's what I like about OCs overall. They all are as unique as people are in real life (well, that depends if the creator really put enough thought into them).
Then what is your favorite type of Anime? And Top 5 Favorite Anime?
I have an affinity for brutally sad 12-episoders, though surprisingly I actually haven't watched enough anime that I've enjoyed to give you a top 5. Top 3?
3. Your Lie in April. More sustained than the other two on this list and not quite as heavy-hitting in my opinion, but still deserves mention for giving me a new perspective on the lives of pianists - I myself only play for leisure so seeing how these competitions were portrayed was food for thought.
2. Kotoura-san. Oddly I started watching this because agent_alx wanted me to make a mii of Kotoura, but I wound up never making the Mii and falling in love with the thing. I binged the whole series in a few hours, and everything from its trope deconstructions to the rapid mood shifts left me dizzy but incredibly satisfied.
1. Plastic Memories. Holds special mention for being the only thing to ever make me cry to the point of SOBBING. Some elements seem hastily put together, but if you look deep enough into how it plays with your psyche, it's a genius way to make the final episode hit extra hard. Agent thought Kotoura-san was sad. I showed him Plastic Memories, and, far as I know, he stopped by about the 5th episode because it was too much. It holds a special place in my heart.

Back
Top Bottom