PC Solar Eclipse, Blood Moon, Solar Eclipse.

CaptainGold1

Skeletron Prime
What are the odds of this happening. I was playing on RPS's Blue server, no one else was on, and then a Solar Eclipse happened. I was like ok, time to farm Moth-Guy (I died). After that it said blood moon. I'm like what are the oods? And then when the blood moon finished, there was another Solar Eclipse. Crazy. You don't have to believe me, but tell me please, what are the odds?

Without any items or mods and assuming pre-reqs are met:
Chance of a Blood Moon: 11.11% (0.1111)
Chance of a Solar Eclipse: 5% (0.05)
Chance of SE + BM + SE ~= 0.11 * 0.05 * 0.11 = 0.000605 ~= 0.06%.

So yeah, still better than your chances of getting a Lizard Egg as a drop from a Lihzahrd.

You are extremely "lucky" so don't mind the difficulty and focus on not to die and kill everything you can. :)
So yeah, still better than your chances of getting a Lizard Egg as a drop from a Lihzahrd.
I had 2 lihzahrd eggs but no SE+BM+SE... That's one very "lucky" event.

Whaaaaat? That's incredibly rare, sorry, I can't believe this even I watch it on a vid. I must experience this to believe it. :D
i dont blame you, i wouldnt believe at all, i was completely speechless, but it just happened to be at the time that i was trying to build a house

i dont blame you, i wouldnt believe at all, i was completely speechless, but it just happened to be at the time that i was trying to build a house
Well, if it happened while you were trying to build, I believe it. I am pretty sure the game knows when you are building and intentionally throws events at you to make you do something else.

Wow!
Well, if it happened while you were trying to build, I believe it. I am pretty sure the game knows when you are building and intentionally throws events at you to make you do something else.
I was freaking buildin with my cuz, and then the eye of Cuthulu spawned. It was a new map, so we got totally shrekt.
ive had se+bm+se+bm+slime rain+pirate invasion
What!!! I cannot believe! I must now bloodbathe myself in the death of the twins.

i had a bath in the blood of the poor creatures that dare disturb my building

Without any items or mods and assuming pre-reqs are met:
Chance of a Blood Moon: 11.11% (0.1111)
Chance of a Solar Eclipse: 5% (0.05)
Chance of SE + BM + SE ~= 0.11 * 0.05 * 0.11 = 0.000605 ~= 0.06%.

One try at a Lihzarhd = 2 seconds (with proper setup that allows continual spawns)
One try at a Solar Eclipse+Blood Moon+Solar Eclipse: 36 minutes.

Avg # of tries at Lihzarhds per 36 minutes: 1,080.

Any probability masters here can tell us what the chances are at getting a Lihzarhd egg in 1,080 tries is?

EDIT: I suppose you don't need all 36 minutes... you'd spend the first day+night and if the 2nd day was not an eclipse, you'd label it false, so technically you'd only spend 24 minutes.

According to Terraria probability, you'll have half a dozen Jungle Keys and no Lihzahrd Eggs. :)

lol. Probably.

In all seriousness, though, a couple playthroughs where the game refused to give me a Picksaw even after some 30 golem kills, I had gotten a couple eggs..... and no jungle keys. lol.

In fact, after 1.3 released, I had gotten 10 blessed apples, 3-5 megaphones/trifold maps/fast clocks from light mummies/pixies... but no hallow keys. It took me nearly 5 playthroughs before I could FINALLY get the rainbow gun achievement.

Wow. Just be lucky you didn't overestimate your strength so there are not 10 gravestones outside your house that say: Psychick Friend Fred was slain by Eye Of Cuthulu

Back
Top Bottom