[SOLVED] Randomizers? How do they work?

DFkcJyK.png

And there is also 0% and 100% chance generators, that we use mainly as transistors, but there is endless amount of applications.
CGxcTzf.png

Thanks for this piece of information. It clarifies a lot. It all makes sence now! (Almost)

upload_2017-7-18_12-51-53.png
a simple randomizer
[doublepost=1500375323,1500375127][/doublepost]
upload_2017-7-18_12-54-10.png
wiring of the simple randomizer
the switch powers the faulty lamp which check what lamps are below it, in this case, one on and one off, this means theres now a 50/50 chance of the torch to the right turning off

View attachment 176675 a simple randomizer
[doublepost=1500375323,1500375127][/doublepost]
View attachment 176676wiring of the simple randomizer
the switch powers the faulty lamp which check what lamps are below it, in this case, one on and one off, this means theres now a 50/50 chance of the torch to the right turning off

Thanks for your little design. But i wont use it because i want one out of many wires being activated. In this case four.

Yeah, calling the faulty logic gates "random" is some what misleading when it's a chance based on the ratio of On lamps vs Off lamps. But it is very easy to set up a random output with some faulty logic gates, a few AND gates, a dart trap and some teal pressure plates.
View attachment 176530
I used a similar set up to this for a random number generator that would only display 1 number at a time.

I have (finaly) tested your design and it functions great! But it sometimes goves off more then one pulse wich would result in two or three waves being activated at a time
[doublepost=1500409985,1500408802][/doublepost]
Oh yeah. That is a bit smarter than what I did. I went with a kind of 50/50 binary tree type of deal.
eAwTixp.png
lMhtLrd.png

Before logic gates we did basically the same thing, but with doors. They open in a random direction, when triggered by wire.

I have built your design and it works perfectly! Ill test the other designs asap.
[doublepost=1500410437][/doublepost]
Well, i'm too late, but i'll still drop in a couple of examples that i doodled after reading your post.

So, here example of a spawner, that each second pulses a random statue out of 4 (could be any amount of them):
s5BQs03.png

Or, here a teleporter, that teleport you to a random destination:
4Bk5Zow.png

And i also build this, lol:
RXDrT1M.png

I tested your design and just like sovereignvis design it gives off multiple outputs. I quess theres no complaining since you did say it could be any amount.
[doublepost=1500411174][/doublepost]Thanks for all the help guys! I learned a lot about logic gates and i got my randomizer! You guys helped out a lot! I might be posting some more threads with these kinds of questions. So please look out for them! Thank you all!:D

Well it wasn't designed for a single pulse. It of course will make a few pulses as it is shifting the gates randomly. It was designed to display a single number at a time. You could add in a teal plate just pass the other plates that would create the actual activation after the randomizer has shifted which one will activate.
You should have a look at my Duck Hunt mini-game Duck Duck Dart. It goes to 100 waves.
`:D

Well it wasn't designed for a single pulse. It of course will make a few pulses as it is shifting the gates randomly. It was designed to display a single number at a time. You could add in a teal plate just pass the other plates that would create the actual activation after the randomizer has shifted which one will activate.
You should have a look at my Duck Hunt mini-game Duck Duck Dart. It goes to 100 waves.
`:D

Ill be sure to check it out. Not right now because im on my phone right now... btw. Did Chippygaming review that minigame? I remember someone reviewing it and i think it was him. Or maybe it was hero. (Once you said the full name it popped into me)
[doublepost=1500412204,1500411669][/doublepost]
Ill be sure to check it out. Not right now because im on my phone right now... btw. Did Chippygaming review that minigame? I remember someone reviewing it and i think it was him. Or maybe it was hero. (Once you said the full name it popped into me)

I looked it up and the first thing i saw was Chippys video. Great minigame! Its not really mini though... 100 waves is a lot!

Yeah I guess not so mini. And it will take about 3 hours to finish, if you can make it that far.

But here is what I was talking about with having the activation happen after the randomizer shifts which one will activate.
Simple Randomizer_with one pulse.png

The dart will fly down the pipe hitting the wall plates to shift at AND gates randomly. Then hit the floor plate to trigger a wave.

Yeah I guess not so mini. And it will take about 3 hours to finish, if you can make it that far.

But here is what I was talking about with having the activation happen after the randomizer shifts which one will activate.
View attachment 176724
The dart will fly down the pipe hitting the wall plates to shift at AND gates randomly. Then hit the floor plate to trigger a wave.

Great idea! I like it! Although i do have my randomizer set up now so i wont be using it. I do have another though about timers timing timers from time to time. Maybe you (all) can help.

If you want a single output there is really no need for the dart trap. You can also just use the same AND gates to trigger the output.
Xinz9PM.png

The setup for the randomizer I showed does also make it easy to just keep adding more if you need more than 4 random options.

If you want a single output there is really no need for the dart trap. You can also just use the same AND gates to trigger the output.
Xinz9PM.png
Yeah, but dart traps are more fun. I have done the same with portal gun stations. `:)

Back
Top Bottom