Sound coming from other things is so silent when playing terraria

HiroroSan

Terrarian
So everytime I start playing terraria and I decide to listen to music on youtube the sound is so silent and sounds like it's recorded while the sound is coming from a tv or a radio with not that good signal (I can't explain the sound even more better but it just do thats everytime I play terraria,btw even if my volume is 100 the terraria will start exploding my eardrums but still not the music from youtube,yes I can hear it but it's so silent and crappy)

Try checking your Volume Mixer. It's possible that the volume for Terraria is much higher than that of your browser.

upload_2019-2-21_13-20-54.png

Make sure the sliders are all approximately on the same level. If Terraria is still too loud, you can manually slide it down.

If you start the music before starting up Terraria, does it then exhibit the behavior upon starting Terraria?

Also, I'd like to see what sound devices are being seen by your system. As well as your motherboard.

Please do the following:
  • Press Windows+R.
  • Type "devmgmt.msc" without the quotes and press enter.
  • Look for "Sound, Video, and Game Controllers". Press the arrow next to it to expand the list.
  • Screenshot the Window and upload it somewhere I can see it.
To get me your motherboard information download and run a free utility called CPU-Z. Click on the "Mainboard" tab and screenshot it for me.

Thank you for that. Could you also get me your motherboard information as highlighted in the previous post?

Also: If you start the music before starting up Terraria, does it then exhibit the behavior upon starting Terraria?

upload_2019-2-22_9-44-1.png

[doublepost=1550800051,1550799860][/doublepost]Nope the sound is normal if I start it up before terraria
[doublepost=1550800160][/doublepost]Welp I need to go to school right now so I can't reply to something new I'll be back in 6 hours

Alright that's fine, and thank you for getting me this information. One more bit of information that would help me identify the issue is if you could describe your sound setup. What speakers or headphones do you use to listen to audio? If you trigger the issue, do you hear it coming from your laptop speakers? You may need to take off your headphones and put your ear closer to the laptop to tell if it's coming from your laptop speakers.

The first thing we can try is reinstalling your sound drivers. I just need to know what version of Windows you have first so I can provide you with an accurate download. To find this do the following:

• Press Windows+R
  • Type "winver" without the quotes and press enter.
  • screenshot the window that comes up and upload it.

Do the following:

• Open up the control panel.
  • Go to programs and features to uninstall a program.
  • Search "realtek" find something related to audio, chances are its the only one. Uninstall it.
  • Download and install this driver.
  • Check to see if the problem is resolved.
If it doesn't get resolved then I need you to answer this question for me:

Could describe your sound setup? What speakers or headphones do you use to listen to audio? If you trigger the issue, do you hear it coming from your laptop speakers? You may need to take off your headphones and put your ear closer to the laptop to tell if it's coming from your laptop speakers.

It didn't work,I just use my laptop's speaker and it comes from the speaker when the issue occurs it comes from my laptop
[doublepost=1550840890,1550840772][/doublepost]Btw I forgot to add that after a couple of minutes it comes back in normal

That is bizarre...

So Terraria's audio is always fine, but the sound from the youtube video is always quiet and terrible for the first few minutes before going back to normal?

Do any other websites exhibit this issue? For example if you use spotify to listen to music or another music service does the same thing happen?

Just to verify you only use laptop speakers? No headphones?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom