Votes: 7 70.0%
  • November 30th

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IgnisCervus

Torch God
Space.
The endless frontier that we have been struggling to overcome for hundreds of years, an ominous void stretching from infinity to infinity, an unending maw of birth and death...

... until now. Until the rift.

The rift brought
everyone here. Our universe is no longer our own...
...it's a warzone.

We must learn to survive in this harsh environment, we need to adapt to the circumstances.

We must become Spacefarers.

I certainly hope you enjoyed that short intro, it's an attempt of mine to give an idea of what this RP is about.
Primarily, Spacefarers is a space exploration and fighting RP, with simple D20-based combat. However, the ship building is not as simple, and requires at least two people in collaboration to run a ship. This is the first RP on this site (to my knowledge) to require more than one person to start your journey in the RP, but I hope it will help.

Please note that this first run-through of the RP will be a beta run, and in a few weeks time there will be a soft-reset, resulting in everyone needing to rebuild their ship with new parts.
Don't worry, upgrades will be cashed in and character development will remain where it is. There will simply be a more extended catalogue of parts, and some parts will have been rebalanced. This is to ensure a balanced and fun time for everyone involved - we don't want any abuse of metas and/or under- and over-balanced parts.

The OOC post is linked above. To see what crew belongs to each ship, to apply for a character, or to simply backread some discussion, go check it out!
All crews, active ships and application forms are in the first two posts of the thread.

(also, this was my 500th post! woohoo!)

Last edited:
As you arrive through the portal, be it from Earth, or your home universe, you enter into a bustling space station. The gravity might seem unfamiliar, at a considerably low 0.4 G, but it's intended to keep it safe.
You notice an empty garage, and if you have a crew, they'll be waiting there.
Beginning to walk over, you think about what kind of ship you're going to build...

(RP starts here! If you don't have an existing crew, walk up to a garage and wait for someone to join up.
Euphorium is assigned to garage 706, CORONAL EJECTION is assigned to garage 704, two lots up.)

Error, lack of standard magic source, reverting to backup system.
41PH4 topples to the ground and thrashes around until the lights on her body turn orange, and then she stands up and walks toward her destination like nothing happened.

Last edited:
A certain dog-sized black widow, meanwhile, is sent sailing out of the portal, as if just thrown. Her head is bashed against a wall as she crashes into it, falling to the ground in a mess.

Getting up promptly, however, the spider shakes their head to deal with their daze, before looking around, 8 dark cyan eyes blinking a few times.
<…>
<Ok. What. Was that.>

After a moment of silence, the spider shrugs, walking around the garage in search of where she was just a second ago.

Heron quietly walks out of the portal. It looks like he know what he's doing.
With mildly surprising haste, he makes his way to garage bay 706, holding what appears to be a small USB in his left hand.
He's talking to someone over an ear comm of sorts, but it's difficult to make out what he's saying.

<There's a few newbies, huh. Wonder when they started inviting more...>

Arriving at bay 706, he inserts the USB into the bay's console, and an audible "ding" can be heard after he presses a button and removes the drive.

The spider proceeds along in the garage weaving around people as she thinks, looking around in the garage she's in, searching.
<...alright, seriously.>
<How far was I teleported from that bar I was just in!?>
<No way a faulty teleporter brought me that far away, right!?>

Getting a bit annoyed and tsking to herself, the spider's pace quickens.
<..and then I still need to give that :red:er a piece of my mind for straight up THROWING me.>

The spider proceeds along in the garage weaving around people as she thinks, looking around in the garage she's in, searching.
<...alright, seriously.>
<How far was I teleported from that bar I was just in!?>
<No way a faulty teleporter brought me that far away, right!?>

Getting a bit annoyed and tsking to herself, the spider's pace quickens.
<..and then I still need to give that :red:er a piece of my mind for straight up THROWING me.>
Noticing the frustration on the spider's face after finishing up with the USB drive, Heron walks over to greet the newcomer.
"You're new around here, and as far as I'm aware nobody new's been invited. Welcome to The Edge of the Universe, a large space station where crews buy parts from NOVUS INC. and built ships and commit mutual homicide. I take it you're here not of your own accord?"

Noticing the frustration on the spider's face after finishing up with the USB drive, Heron walks over to greet the newcomer.
"You're new around here, and as far as I'm aware nobody new's been invited. Welcome to The Edge of the Universe, a large space station where crews buy parts from NOVUS INC. and built ships and commit mutual homicide. I take it you're here not of your own accord?"
The spider stops upon hearing Heron's voice, looking to them.
"..."
"I'm sorry. What."
"Edge of the universe?"

“…obviously, if the name of this station’s…literal.”
"Well... yeah.
Anyways, after looking at the recent origin portals used, it looks like you came from a portal that's... not on the official register? You're definitely here by mistake... or at least not of your accord. Where were you before you came through the portal? These logs aren't giving me any clues."

"Well... yeah.
Anyways, after looking at the recent origin portals used, it looks like you came from a portal that's... not on the official register? You're definitely here by mistake... or at least not of your accord. Where were you before you came through the portal? These logs aren't giving me any clues."
“…I was on the Gaia station, resting at a bar while on the hunt for a job to do.”
“I’m something of an engineer, after all.”

Kaelon slowly lands on his feet, the quiet clank of metal on metal echoing in the somewhat crowded station.

The machine, a good foot taller than most, looks around until he spots some vague directions. He makes his way to CORONAL EJECTION 27A, and begins inspecting his docked ship while waiting for his assigned “crew” to arrive. Xal was going to get a piece of his mind for making him work with such… incompetent creatures.

“…I was on the Gaia station, resting at a bar while on the hunt for a job to do.”
“I’m something of an engineer, after all.”
"Unfortunately without me being able to locate the origin portal, you're stuck here for a while. Being an engineer of sorts help though, there's a lot of crews around currently lacking one."
Kaelon slowly lands on his feet, the quiet clank of metal on metal echoing in the somewhat crowded station.

The machine, a good foot taller than most, looks around until he spots some vague directions. He makes his way to CORONAL EJECTION 27A, and begins inspecting his docked ship while waiting for his assigned “crew” to arrive. Xal was going to get a piece of his mind for making him work with such… incompetent creatures.
Recognising the familiar machine, Heron gives a small nod to Kaelon as he walks by.

"Unfortunately without me being able to locate the origin portal, you're stuck here for a while. Being an engineer of sorts help though, there's a lot of crews around currently lacking one."
The spider perks up a bit.
"Oh. Really?"
They calm down immediately.
"...thank you for the tip then."
"..."
"Hold on though.
Mutual homicide?"

The spider perks up a bit.
"Oh. Really?"
They calm down immediately.
"...thank you for the tip then."
"..."
"Hold on though.
Mutual homicide?"
Heron laughs a bit at this, for some reason.
"Don't worry. All legal spacesuits need an emergency return function, so you're only completely screwed if they blow up your spacesuits. Majority of the time you'll be completely fine and be able to return to the station - your ship however probably won't have such a merciful fate, and'll probably end up being salvaged by other spacefarers."

Heron laughs a bit at this, for some reason.
"Don't worry. All legal spacesuits need an emergency return function, so you're only completely screwed if they blow up your spacesuits. Majority of the time you'll be completely fine and be able to return to the station - your ship however probably won't have such a merciful fate, and'll probably end up being salvaged by other spacefarers."
"...ah."
The spider nods.
"Um..alright."
"..."
"Why in the stars are all these ship crews competing then? Wouldn't it be simpler to just..pool resources together and have us all in one big crew on one big ship with everyone contributing parts or something?"
"What's the point of this piracy?"

"...ah."
The spider nods.
"Um..alright."
"..."
"Why in the stars are all these ship crews competing then? Wouldn't it be simpler to just..pool resources together and have us all in one big crew on one big ship with everyone contributing parts or something?"
"What's the point of this piracy?"
"It's... almost a sport, around here. People naturally prefer working in smaller groups, and eventually they just considered that fighting for it would be more fun. Besides, it'd be super resource heavy and generally difficult to evenly divide the earnings between everyone. I believe it's just easier this way, and more fun."

Back
Top Bottom