Spear traps not firing

Vespillo

Terrarian
I'm currently working on an escape room, and one of the elements is a kind of maze with a timer.
I needed a way to kill anything and everything within said maze once the time ran out. So I decided to spend about 4 hours lining the walls with spike traps.
Turns out when I fire them, only the ones closest to the activation point actually worked.
I'm guessing I hit the projectile limit, preventing further spears from being generated.
Is there any way to circumvent the limit? (assuming that's the problem)
And, if there isn't, what other methods could I use as an instant death generator? (my current fallback is filling the place with actuated spikes that can be toggled.
1704906702210.png
1704906740322.png

If death is your only objective, the cleanest way is as you said an array of wooden spikes which actuate after a certain timer, these spikes can also be echo painted to give no difference to the visual effect of the area!
If you want to get thematic with this, you would now have more space to work with it, maybe wire power it to look like something else is killing the player instead of inexplicable damage and inability to move. You can guess that this kind of stuff is my jam :)
As for the actual issue, it would probably be a projectile limit as you said as well, hope your escape room goes well :D

Back
Top Bottom